3223 owners

/ 3223 owners
I am so jealous. That is so nice. Still working on my wife to make a transition. It is amazing there are not more dealers out there and more machines.

/ 3223 owners #12  
I had a hard time convincing my wife the ventrac was a good idea but 2 years later I think she is convinced. I lost money on ATV trade INS smaller tractors etc and finally bought the Ventrac. I wish I would have just done this in the first place. you can not go wrong. Good luck

/ 3223 owners #13  
Thought I would post a picture of My Ventrac with the plow on it.

My driveway is pretty steep and with any ice traction can be an issue. I think I will add some weight this year to the rear of the tractor. I would like to add some wheel weights but not having any luck finding them.

Anyone else adding weight to their 3000 series for traction?

Thanks

Attachments

• 207.jpg
    207.jpg
    486.8 KB · Views: 296
   / 3223 owners #14  
I hope to purchase a 3223D with 60"mower and V-blade once I sell my 2210. The dealer stated rear weights were not necessary with the diesel unit due to the added weight. I don't have much to contend with in terms of steep slopes for plowing. Is the 3223D run a plow fairly well as far as snow removal goes? I do plan to upgrade to the knobby tires. I currently plow with turf tires on my 2210 and it does well enough to meet my needs 95% of the time.

Any known "gotchas" with the 3223D? I test drove an older 3000 unit with over 1000 hours on it the other day. Love the maneuverability and controls even though the unit was obviously well-broken in and a little "loose." Seemed odd the new 3000 series on the showroom floor did not have a fuel gauge though.

I also drove a 4200 series, but it is honestly too much machine for me with slightly less than one acre of mostly mowing, light material transport and plowing in the winter. It is also over my budget.

/ 3223 owners #15  
With the knobby tires I think the traction is pretty good. Only if it is really icey have I had problems.

I hear you on the budget issue for the 4000 series. I just priced out a 4227 with the 27 horsepower liquid Kawasaki, 17,300. I knew they were pricey but that was more than I realized. Would love to have one though.

There are no known issues with this unit I am aware of. I have pushed some pretty heavy snow piles and it is a tank. I also am amazed how fuel efficient it is with the diesel. I do not have any real good data but it seems like a tank full lasts me a long time. I used to have a 18 horsepower Kohler Command in a Toro 5xi and I swear it used twice the gas. Great garden tractor though.

Let us know how you like the unit.:thumbsup:

/ 3223 owners #16  
Nice pic toro5xi, but I am not ready for the white stuff to fall :laughing:

I have no issues with traction on my 4131 where my friend with the 3223D might have slight traction problems when really icy, but he rarely has traction issues.

@marnett...Your dealer is most likely correct on the diesel unit as the engine is much heavier than the gas engine (guessing 200-250 extra lbs?). The option is there to add the rear weights, but aren't necessary for the 3223D imo.

What my friend did, rather than adding more weight to the back, was add weight at the front. Don't know if he simply bought some extra suitcase weights from Ventrac and hung them right at the top where your toes would be or if he actually welded a bar to hang them on at that point. That way the weight is still right over the front axle and you have solid contact on all 4 tires. I haven't used it on icy ground since he did that little mod, but he says it has helped enough that any spots where he may have had a small traction issue, it is now gone. Just an option if you are experiencing traction issues, but I think it is unnecessary 99% of the time as the 4WD and traction of the Ventracs is superb and they can push a lot of snow!

Also to note, I am sure your traction on the front end is variable to the weight of the operator lol My buddy is smaller and only weighs 130lbs. Get a larger operator on there and you might not need any extra weights :laughing:

Both the 4000 and 3000 series Ventracs are a blast to plow snow with! :thumbsup:

/ 3223 owners #17  
I agree plowing is alot of fun with the 3000 series. The visibility is so good that I never worry about getting close to doors cars etc. I have found the manuverability is so good when the snow is real deep I will push side to side to avoid huge piles at the end of the driveway.

I have never used a 4000 series but was curious if the visibility is hurt at all by the front mounted engine.:confused:

/ 3223 owners #18  
I agree plowing is alot of fun with the 3000 series. The visibility is so good that I never worry about getting close to doors cars etc. I have found the manuverability is so good when the snow is real deep I will push side to side to avoid huge piles at the end of the driveway.

I have never used a 4000 series but was curious if the visibility is hurt at all by the front mounted engine.:confused:

I guess I never think about visibility too much. It is definitely less than the 3000 especially for plowing. Mowing is not a problem and you get used to it with the plow and scoop. In the end they are both different experiences but they are both very enjoyable and each take a bit of getting used to. If I was in tight spaces and needed maximum visibility, the 3000 is the way to go. But for larger areas, the 4000 series has a little more weight and pushing power and still has plenty of visibility.
My neighbor has to back up on his Kubota with the blade on the 3pt, so I'm not complaining about visibility :laughing:

/ 3223 owners #19  
Thought I would post a picture of My Ventrac with the plow on it.

My driveway is pretty steep and with any ice traction can be an issue. I think I will add some weight this year to the rear of the tractor. I would like to add some wheel weights but not having any luck finding them.

Anyone else adding weight to their 3000 series for traction?

Thanks

Have you done anything for weights yet on your 3200? I have a early model, 3000 and I made a "weight box" to hang weights on the back. I'll try to post pics soon.

Do you like the rear discharge mower deck? Do you have trouble with the grass clumping when it gets too long?

/ 3223 owners #20  
A friend of mine had some 50 pound weights they would use to test large scales. They are almost a perfect square shape. I used 2 of these the other day and they worked pretty well.
The rear discharge deck never gets clogged even when wet. I put a mulching kit on it and I do have to clean out the bottom of the deck occassionally when it is wet.