3240 Not Hot

/ 3240 Not Hot #1  

Agrantina

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240 GST
This weekend I got some real seat time and was able to bush hog some of our fields that were really grown up. 6ft tall at least. tractor and 5ft cutter did awsome. Really dry here, after several hours of cutting and coughing up 4 lbs of dust I stopped to go thru another gate. WOW the front of the tractor looked like I sucked up an entire hay bail:confused2: The front was covered and the inside screen looked worse. The tractor never once got over heated and gauge never moved off its normal range. I was really surprised, now I did not like seeing that much grass on the screen so I WILL watch it a little closer now, but really was surprised that it never once showed any signs of over heating or even getting hot. WOW...

AndyG

/ 3240 Not Hot #2  
Cool! I noticed the same results with mine, Andy. Extra cooling capacity is like money in the bank and a great comfort to my mind. Knowing that as the machine ages and cooling efficiency starts to decline there's plenty of margin so overheating shouldn't be a concern. Perhaps getting the smallest engine in the Grand L frame size (baby grand) gets you a cooling system sized for a bigger power plant?

-Jim