3302 vs 3901

/ 3302 vs 3901 #11  
Always get highest hp in frame size

Not always.
Because there’s always an exception;

Mike

/ 3302 vs 3901 #12  
Jeff isn't wrong about the size for your tasks. Maybe look to other brands, too. Kubota and JD are both high priced for what you get. LS, Kioti and TYM can all get you more tractor for less money. They also outperform similarly sized Kubotas.

/ 3302 vs 3901 #13  
I found the 3302 and 3901 used at reasonable prices. Other than obvious hp differences, is there any reason to prefer 1 over the other. My old 1964 mf 35 special works fine, but I want an upgrade
Take it from a previous L3301 owner. Just upgrade to the MX series tractor and never have to second guess your ability to do tasks.

/ 3302 vs 3901 #14  
To Jeff's point, a 3560LE could be interesting to look at. Not sure of used prices there, but you'd get a larger and heavier frame but not quite as large as the MX. Plus you get the tilt steering wheel and other fanciness, and the LA555 or LA805 loader for greater lift.

/ 3302 vs 3901 #15  
I always found the treadle pedal and brakes on the right side as found on the 01 series to be a poor design decision. That’s fixed on the new 02 series so I’d personally lean in that direction.

An L3560LE would be superior to both for not much more coin.

/ 3302 vs 3901
The 2,700 pound bare tractor weight Kubota 'L' platform is too narrow and too light for the work you project. It will be dangerously unstable.

Consider a Kubota MX platform or Kubota Grand L platform, 3,700 to 4,000 pounds bare weight. Both are wider, heavier and both have readily adjustable rear wheel widths to increase stability.

Both platforms have been in the Kubota lineup over ten years. Plenty of both available used.

I have owned three tractors. The first a 1,900 pound Deere 750 "learner" without a Loader. The second a Kubota 2,200 pound tractor-loader B3300SU package. The third, my 3,500 pound Kubota L3560, is tractor nirvana in my north Florida conditions. Had I early read a thread philosophizing on tractor weight it would have stimulated tractor weight research and I would have omitted purchase of tractor #2, which proved too light for my applications. I purchased tractor #2 seduced by the allure of increased
My reference to upgrade was a little vague. My recently added property is hilly, rocky , and had timber cut. Stumps basically cleared, but still a lot of roots, limbs, softball size rocks, underbrush, road wash. Now I need a bucket and grapple to fix roads and remove debris. Plus my MF35 has no roll over protection and weak brakes, that is why I need upgrade. Salesman trying to steer me to new 3302 , but I found a 2015 3901 with 328 hours much cheaper. Both would fit the bill, but I'll need to add 3rd function kit to 3901 for grapple. Thinking the used model is the way for me....but that new model with 0% financing is tempting
By golly. My kind neighbor loaned me his 2610SU. It works amazing.... but unstable. Was using bucket with box blade raised , but box blade snagged edge of rut and In a half second the spinning tire dug a 18 inch hole and i thought I was going to turn over. Recovered from that, then got scoop of 57's crushed rock spreading dirt floor of pole barn...was raised about 3and half feet and lowered too fast....that the abrupt halt picked up the back tires a tad freaking me out. Otherwise, work accomplished. Realized 4 wheel drive is necessity with loader bucket fill. Also heel-toe pedal is a must for back and forth movements. No gripes about the power or speed.....just need more weight and wider base for stability. Thanks for your inputs.

/ 3302 vs 3901 #17  
Not always.
Because there’s always an exception;

Mike
Too much trouble to do all that, just bit more power stock