3320 diverter installed

/ 3320 diverter installed #1  

hanson1999

Gold Member
Tractor
JD
Added 2 diverter valves from surplus center. work great. put all on qd's for easy removal. Got the lighted switch at napa. I always label hoses as blue is bottom, and red is right, and anything else for individual stations.

I picked up the blower used, and added the hyd deflector and spout rotation.

i wanted 2 diverters because i wanted to keep the hyd top link working. I keep the snowblower in cold storage so i'm hooking it up as needed. The top link works great in helping hook and unhook.

/ 3320 diverter installed #2  
Nice job! But is that a regular cast street 90* fitting on the left of the first picture and in the third picture? They are not good for hydraulic use;)

Did you use the #9-7852 diverters? How did you wire them?

/ 3320 diverter installed
i figured somebody would catch that....i've been meaning to change the street elbows one day!

Yes i used the 9-7852 diverters. They are easy to wire. Each one has two posts, needing a ground and a hot to activate. I grounded one post of each diverter right at the valve location. I ran a hot wire (fused and off with the key), to the console, putting that wire on the middle switch post. Then the outer switch posts i connected one to each of the diverters. (i had to ground the switch light post as well to make the light work on the switch)

So i have the switch in neutral (middle), diverters are off and oil passes through normally running my top link. One way or the other activates one diverter or the other. Very easy to do.

/ 3320 diverter installed #4  
Got it, thanks...I though they where both activated at the same time, just wanted to confirm. You install looks great:thumbsup:

/ 3320 diverter installed #5  
hanson1999 said:
Added 2 diverter valves from surplus center. work great. put all on qd's for easy removal. Got the lighted switch at napa. I always label hoses as blue is bottom, and red is right, and anything else for individual stations.

i wanted 2 diverters because i wanted to keep the hyd top link working. I keep the snowblower in cold storage so i'm hooking it up as needed. The top link works great in helping hook and unhook.

Great job! Now I am jealous... I just added 1 of the same selector valves so I could have hydraulic top link and chute rotation but have been thinking about how great it would be to have a 3rd output in the rear as well. Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

Mike

/ 3320 diverter installed #6  
Nice job, and to show my stupidity, never thought of just painting the hyd. couplers instead of trying to match everything and find the colored plugs to match the lines.

/ 3320 diverter installed #7  
hanson1999 said:

Would you happen to have the NAPA part # for the switch? I've been searching for something
like that for a lighting project and it looks like it fit the console perfectly.

Thanks,
Mike

/ 3320 diverter installed #8  
Would you happen to have the NAPA part # for the switch? I've been searching for something
like that for a lighting project and it looks like it fit the console perfectly.

Thanks,
Mike

These guys have some real nice switches: OTRATTW

/ 3320 diverter installed #9  
Can you elaborate on how these are plumbed? I have a 3320 and am very curious as this is a valve I have looked at.

/ 3320 diverter installed #10  
Could you explain how they work?:confused:
It looks like to me with both diverters OFF, far right set of couplers would work.?:confused:
Turn right diverter ON and middle set of couplers would work.?:confused:
Turn both ON and left set of couplers would worK.?:confused:
I probably got it wrong, so please explain how they operate.
Are then hoses to the right supply to diveters? or going to a remote set of couplers?

On another note, I use different color tie wraps to mark hose and couplers. I have found them in blk, wht, yel, red, blu, org, grn,and even purple. The 245 loader on my JD 2030 used different color plastic rings on the hoses and couplers. All the dust plugs were black. That's where I got the idea. I think JD was using colored tie wraps on their newer offerings, but I was not aware of it when I stole the idea. At that time all I could afford was 20 year old equipment.:)