3320 Questions

/ 3320 Questions #11  
The Kubota web site has a competitive comparison between the L3130 and the 3320 that is probably just what you are looking for. The L series frame will be much closer in size to the 3320.

/ 3320 Questions
Mike,

thanks for that direction; I noticed that for hydro trannys (both Deere and Kubby)
that the Kubby has 1 less net PTO HP (24K/25JD) even though they both have the same for gear tranny PTO HP (25.5)

Cab and hydro are both must haves for my purchase. I wonder why, at least superficially, that the JD seems slightly more efficient with the hydro?

/ 3320 Questions #13  
RFB said:
Mike,

thanks for that direction; I noticed that for hydro trannys (both Deere and Kubby)
that the Kubby has 1 less net PTO HP (24K/25JD) even though they both have the same for gear tranny PTO HP (25.5)

Cab and hydro are both must haves for my purchase. I wonder why, at least superficially, that the JD seems slightly more efficient with the hydro?

Before Neil from Messick's jumps in with the quick bash...JD's lying about their numbers...(there, we got that out of the way).

OR, the JD hydrostatic system is a newer design than Kubota's and is slightly more efficient. I'm sure in the next iteration of Kubota's products they will have addressed this design issue.

/ 3320 Questions #14  
JasonMac said:
Oh, and how could Iforget to mention the biggest design flaw in the history of tractors? The independant brakes on a Kubota are virtually useless! Yes they work, but do you have two right legs? Neither does anybody else. And yes, I really do use my turn brakes a lot. Especially while scraping and peeling snow when my fronts are lifted off the ground, I can steer using just my brakes. On a Kubota you can't do this. So yes, the Kubota turn brakes are virtually useless. But the JD'S work great.

Whoa,

Help me here. Am I to understand from this post that the 3X20 CUTs have separate L/R braking? I've never caught that in any of my reading the manual or anywhere. How are they operated? How did I miss this? OK forget that last one I'm sure the Mrs. will let me know that one :<)

/ 3320 Questions #15  
JD 3320 feature.

My wife & I were looking for a new 30hp tractor with cab that would front mount a 5' snow blower which narrowed it down to the JD 3320 & Kubota B3030HSDC because of local dealerships. The new 40hp NH cut may be in the same price range but it was not available at the time of our purchase.

In addition to the features mentioned in the first reply the JD HST has "Load Match" which compensates for our lack of experience by automatically gearing down as load increases (i.e. FEL digging) to where the wheels will spin and not stall the engine.

If the Kubota offered this feature it was not mentioned during our test drive but you may wish to ask your dealer.

Hope this helps

Bill

/ 3320 Questions #16  
papafoxtrot said:
Whoa,

Help me here. Am I to understand from this post that the 3X20 CUTs have separate L/R braking? I've never caught that in any of my reading the manual or anywhere. How are they operated? How did I miss this? OK forget that last one I'm sure the Mrs. will let me know that one :<)

Yes, there is a 'joiner' in the break pedal that you can flip up and then operate the left/right brake pedals independantly. Not sure about the 5000 series, but out of the 2000, 3000, and 4000 series the only (Current) JD CUT that I know of that doesn't have this feature is the 2305. Even the 2320 and 2520 have independent L/R brakes.

/ 3320 Questions
Bill,

Would you mind me asking how much you paid for the 3320?

Thanks

/ 3320 Questions #18  
DrainPondDesign & RFB,

This may be more info than you really wanted, but I hope it helps! Deere is the only manufacturer of CUTs that has an "electronic" Hydro - everyone else's is linkage controlled. Not to beat a dead horse, but I really think you will prefer Deere's Factory Cab (from what I have been told, Kubota's cabs are made for them by the Curtis Cab Company and installed on a standard Open Station tractor) as well as the eHydro transmission with the TwinTouch pedals...

eHydro™ transmission

The 3x20 Series tractors are available with an exclusive 3-range electronic hydrostatic (eHydro) transmission.
- Fluid under pressure transmits engine power to the drive wheels through a pump and motor
- Provides high torque for start-up
- Reduces powertrain shock loads
- Sauer-Danfoss supplies both the pump and motor. This assures that the components are matched to each other, providing maximum efficiency.
- The electronic hydrostatic transmission is ideally suited for jobs where productivity is a must, such as loader or mower applications.
Twin Touch™ foot controls allow selecting both direction of travel and speed with a touch of the toe.

Key features of the eHydro transmission are:
Infinite ground speeds, even at full throttle, allow the operator to match the speed of the tractor to the job
1) No clutching for fast and easy direction changes
2) Twin Touch foot pedals for quick and easy forward/reverse operation
3) Cruise control is standard equipment
4) Cruise control switch is located on the right-hand console for easy access
5) Cruise control is electronically engaged and disengaged and allows for more precise setting of speed.

Sauer-Danfoss eHydro transmission:
Sauer-Danfoss eHydro transmission is used for reliable operation. Durability features include:
1) Large forged trunnion shaft with larger support bearings to reduce vibration and noise.
2) Center section made from durable cast aluminum, which is 10% stronger.
3) Transmission oil cooler cools transmission oil for longer transmission life.

Key John Deere advantages:

Twin Touch foot controls:
John Deere's Twin TouchTM foot controls offer several key advantages over competitive HST models tractors. These are:
- Some competitive hydrostatic tractors use a treadle pedal (toe-heel) design foot control for operation of the HST
* Requires the operator to use both toe and heel to change direction, resulting in increased operator fatigue
- Certain competitive hydrostatic tractors locate their individual turning brakes on the same side as their treadle pedal
* This configuration makes it virtually impossible to operate both the turning brakes and HST pedal at the same time on competitive models
* This configuration also makes it difficult to ''inch'' tractor forward or rearward (i.e. when attaching to implements)

Standard cruise control:
A ''true-speed'' cruise control allows the operator to maintain a consistent speed over uneven terrain. It is standard equipment on 3120-3720 Tractors with eHydro transmission. Cruise control is electronically engaged and disengaged and is located on the operator console to the right of the operator.
- Maintains desired forward speed without pressure on the foot pedal
- Cruise control is set by engaging the switch when the desired speed is reached
- A speed sensor also allows the tractor to maintain preset speed driving up and down hills
To disengage the cruise control:
1) Apply pressure to the turn brakes opposite the eHydro pedals, or
2) Disengage cruise control switch, or
3) Briefly depress the reverse control pedal

Safety features of the eHydro transmission include:
1) The tractor will start with one or both foot pedals depressed, but it will not move until both pedals first come to neutral
2)The tractor will come to a stop if the operator leaves the seat but the engine will not shut off unless the PTO is also running

LoadMatch™ power management system:
LoadMatch is a standard feature of the eHydro transmission.
- The LoadMatch switch is located on the left side of the steering column.
- Activating this switch will automatically match the output of the transmission to the load on the tractor.
- If torque requirements increase significantly, the electronic hydrostatic transmission will reduce the tractor's drive speed to compensate for the increased load on the transmission, maximizing torque to drive wheels and minimizing stalls.

Standard MotionMatch™:
- The new enhanced MotionMatch is now adjustable and a standard feature of the eHydro transmission. It gives the operator the ability to select rate of deceleration. It is integrated into the instrument panel with 8 total settings available.
- For operators desiring frequent changes between short and long rollout, the MotionMatch switch, which is included in the automotive-style cruise upgrade, can be installed.
- Allows operator to instantly change from short to long rollout and vice versa
- Can be set to provide smoother, softer response for mowing or a sharper, more aggressive response for loader work

Last Updated : 12-Oct-2006

/ 3320 Questions #19  
If anyone is still keeping track, I vote for the 3320. I bought one back in October and am 100 percent satisfied. I looked at the Kubota, New Holland, Case CX and Rural King (Chinese tractor).

Only the John Deere had the features I was looking for. The Load Match to me is reason enought to go with the Deere. It works fantastic, especially for any loader work. I also like the Speed Match and optional automotive style cruise. I have also found the platform, pedals, and other controls have the most comfortable placement.

The New Holland and Kubota have the rocker style hydro control which I feel is reason enough not to even consider those models. I am a tall person and for me the rocker is extremely hard to negotiate. It wears out my leg, ankle, shin and just gives me that uncoordinated feeling. The 3320 has a seperate foot switch for forward and reverse. You keep your heel on the platform and move your tow from pedal to pedal, a very non-stressful, coordinated, easy move.

The New Holland and Kubota were all in the same price range as the Deere. The Case IH was about $2000 higher. The Chinese tractor is about half price of anything else but it is the old adage you get what you pay for. I know people who work at Rural King and these tractors are total junk. Everyone comes back for something and most need repairs before they are sold. However, they are cheap and the city farmers think they are getting a deal.

I have two JD dealers in my area. One dealer has about 8 stores spead over about a 100 miles and his price was about $1000 higher that the JD dealer 10 miles from my house, they only have the one dealership but will negotiate where the big dealer gives you his price with the take it or leave it attitude.

/ 3320 Questions #20  
I have a JD 3520 cab. I like the extra power of the turbo. Rototilling is easy with this setup. I have a grapple bucket on the CX FEL. I have knocked down dead trees and picked them up for the burn pile (not huge trees). Mowing in the heat with a/c and a radio is great. Doing winter work in a heated cab is great. I don't know anything about the Kubotas.