/ 3400 #1  

jimmyb1

Tractor
FORD 3400, YR. 1974 GAS
Just bought a 3400 ford (gas) with a pump on the front crank for the hydraulics got over a week ago and ran it for a little bit. Now, it sat for a week, when i started it ran fine, then tryed to use the hydraulics. Tractor makes an awful sound from the pump and the loader won't move at all. When I try to move the loader it makes a worse sound. Am I low on fluid, or is my pump junk?
Thank Jim

/ 3400 #2  
Just bought a 3400 ford (gas) with a pump on the front crank for the hydraulics got over a week ago and ran it for a little bit. Now, it sat for a week, when i started it ran fine, then tryed to use the hydraulics. Tractor makes an awful sound from the pump and the loader won't move at all. When I try to move the loader it makes a worse sound. Am I low on fluid, or is my pump junk?
Thank Jim

Check the fluid level. Was there any fluid leaking on the ground? Is your 1/4 inching valve open?

/ 3400 #3  
check oil level.

if it has oil, check pump outlet into a bucket.. next check out from valve.

soundguy

/ 3400
Thanks for the replys.
Just put 2 gal. of oil in her an still the same.
Will do what you guys said an get back to you.
Jim

/ 3400
Well it looks like my splines are tore out of my coupler, or my splines are worn down will have to tear it apart to find out just what is going on. Dang the bad luck, do you guys know what books do I need to repair an maintain my 3400 with a front end loader.
Thanks Jim

/ 3400 #6  
ford service manual would be where I'd put my money.

soundguy

/ 3400
Soundguy i looked the manuals up an it cost 609 bucks, is there a diff. manual to look for?
Jim

/ 3400 #8  
the i&t simply aren't as good.

perhaps try a reprinnt like jensales.. or one on cd.

soundguy

/ 3400 #9  
if u can find one on a 3000 ford that will be just as good the only difference between the two is the front axles the 3400 is a straight i beam and the 3000 is swept back. u might be able to find a used one on ebay or amazon

/ 3400 #10  
yeah.. but that front end difference on that utility makes other differences.. like radius rods.. plus that front pump setup.. those are likely items he needs to see in detail... especially since he will be working up front to repair it.

I agree with used on amazon / ebay.. good deals sometimes.

soundguy