$350 Hydraulic Shop Service on Drive Motor & Still Leaking

/ $350 Hydraulic Shop Service on Drive Motor & Still Leaking
New drive motor installed at 9:45 last night. This being the 3rd time of remove/install it went much better & besides all the lines & fittings don't have to be broke free. Need about 3 more gallons of lubricant before starting & im done! Its been a long long bumpy road. Glad its about over.

/ $350 Hydraulic Shop Service on Drive Motor & Still Leaking #13  
He might be saying, that if the motors have a case drain, that the port is on top or up and no back pressure to the pump case or tank.

My case drains all go back to the pump housing and then to the radiator and then tank.

Excerpts:

Always connect the case drain circuit BEFORE operating the motor.
- The case drain circuit is designed for leakage only (minimal flow at low pressure).
- The tractor case drain circuit must be less than 25 psi to prevent hydraulic motor seal damage.

Last edited:
   / $350 Hydraulic Shop Service on Drive Motor & Still Leaking #14  
New drive motor installed at 9:45 last night. This being the 3rd time of remove/install it went much better & besides all the lines & fittings don't have to be broke free. Need about 3 more gallons of lubricant before starting & im done! Its been a long long bumpy road. Glad its about over.

Good to hear you got your new drive motor installed. I know I would be frustrated after laying out the cash on repairs and still not working. But glad you got your new motor installed.

Chad

/ $350 Hydraulic Shop Service on Drive Motor & Still Leaking
Thanks to all for your previous input. Not sure if I should start a new thread for a new problem or just branch from this previous posting. The new drive motor has been great but while using today the left rear drive chain broke & was laying at the bottom of the reservoir. My first thought was of my brother two days ago running the skid-steer until it stalled & several times at that. BEEEEEEEPP goes the buzzer until he restarts & continues. He knows the trouble & expenses I've had over the years (like-Can't afford to fix it at times) but wants to run it like an off the shelf Heavy-Duty Bobcat. Our first argument was when he would only run a little over an idle. I demanded that if he were going to use it he'd have to run it at or nearly at full throttle so as not to lug or strain the hydraulics. "oh no you don't need the engine running that fast just to move around here" I reasoned that Case should have just put a 5-HP Honda in it instead of a 45-HP Diesel if that were the case.
Finally two questions please:
1.Could he have stressed the chain so much that it didn't break until I did a little moving around myself? Just seems a little odd timing is all. I never look to abuse the machine.
2.Coleman says it's a 70 Pitch Endless. Which is why I can't find a master-link. Can I just add a master-link from Tractor Supply or do I have to order a whole new chain?
Thanks as always. BTW I'm thinking Matt shouldn't be borrowing anything further.

/ $350 Hydraulic Shop Service on Drive Motor & Still Leaking #16  
Here is a kit to remove and install endless chain.

REGINA CHAIN - Replacement of an endless riveted chain

Check your chain for stretch.

Jerking the machine unnecessarily can put undue force on the drive system, including stretching and snapping the chain.

If you ever watch hm abusing your machine, jerk his butt off the machine and never let him use it again. Sometimes family members are the worst.

/ $350 Hydraulic Shop Service on Drive Motor & Still Leaking #17  
Thanks to all for your previous input. Not sure if I should start a new thread for a new problem or just branch from this previous posting. The new drive motor has been great but while using today the left rear drive chain broke & was laying at the bottom of the reservoir. My first thought was of my brother two days ago running the skid-steer until it stalled & several times at that. BEEEEEEEPP goes the buzzer until he restarts & continues. He knows the trouble & expenses I've had over the years (like-Can't afford to fix it at times) but wants to run it like an off the shelf Heavy-Duty Bobcat. Our first argument was when he would only run a little over an idle. I demanded that if he were going to use it he'd have to run it at or nearly at full throttle so as not to lug or strain the hydraulics. "oh no you don't need the engine running that fast just to move around here" I reasoned that Case should have just put a 5-HP Honda in it instead of a 45-HP Diesel if that were the case.
Finally two questions please:
1.Could he have stressed the chain so much that it didn't break until I did a little moving around myself? Just seems a little odd timing is all. I never look to abuse the machine.
2.Coleman says it's a 70 Pitch Endless. Which is why I can't find a master-link. Can I just add a master-link from Tractor Supply or do I have to order a whole new chain?
Thanks as always. BTW I'm thinking Matt shouldn't be borrowing anything further.

I have seen axle shafts snap more than once in the yard with almost no stress on them. So yes you can get a stress crack from abuse and not fail, then fail from almost nothing. I agree with JJ keep him out of the machine!! CJ