3510 drawbar capacity

/ 3510 drawbar capacity #11  
For the sake of comparison, the John Deere 3520 weighing 1316 kg (2 900 lbs) without cab has a Maximum Static Vertical Load of only 255 kg (562 lbs) on the drawbar.

/ 3510 drawbar capacity #12  
Anybody know what the tongue weight capacity on the drawbar of my 3510 would be? Sure dont want to crack my rear casing.

Sorry. Don't have 3510 info.
My Mahindra 5525 manual has very little info on the drawbar. No load info. Just a warning about excessive loading when towing a loaded single axle trailer and a reminder to lock the swinging drawbar in the center position when towing on the road or in the fields.

The drawbar on the 5525 is mounted on a bracket which in turn attaches to the tractor structure.

DSCF0237Small.jpg

DSCF0236Small.jpg

The downward component of the tongue load is carried by the rear part of the support bracket below the drawbar. The upward component of tongue load is resisted by the front part of the bracket above the drawbar. The tongue load is transferred to the tractor structure via the two pins that attach the front part of the bracket to the tractor structure. There are two bolts that attach the rear of the bracket to the tractor structure.

The pulling load on the drawbar is transferred to the tractor via those two pins and the pin that attaches the front end of the drawbar to the bracket.

I would be happier if Mahindra would include tongue load limit and drawbar pull info in the ops manual. Wonder if they have that data (how about it Mahindra dealers?)

I checked the Nebraska tractor test website and found nothing on Mahindra. Apparently Kubota and Zetor tractors have been tested there but not Mahindra. Bummer.

/ 3510 drawbar capacity #13  
Now you know two. I just gave you what the Ford manual stated to use as a guide. When you look for the specification, look for "Maximum Static Downward Load" under/in drawbar section. But you are probably wise to derate the Ford spec for your tractor. ;)
Didn't mean to slight you or ignore the data you posted from your tractor's manual. Perhaps I should have said "currently publishes max drawbar tongue weight in its advertised specifications..."

I do agree that drawing any conclusions about the Mahindra 3510 from specs for your Ford 3910 could be quite risky as the drawbars are of different length and use very different tractor support schemes.

Rusty

/ 3510 drawbar capacity #14  
The downward component of the tongue load is carried by the rear part of the support bracket below the drawbar. The upward component of tongue load is resisted by the front part of the bracket above the drawbar. The tongue load is transferred to the tractor structure via the two pins that attach the front part of the bracket to the tractor structure. There are two bolts that attach the rear of the bracket to the tractor structure.

The pulling load on the drawbar is transferred to the tractor via those two pins and the pin that attaches the front end of the drawbar to the bracket.

I would be happier if Mahindra would include tongue load limit and drawbar pull info in the ops manual. Wonder if they have that data (how about it Mahindra dealers?)
Your drawbar attachment scheme looks much safer than the one on my 3510.

How about it Mahindra dealers - Any of you have this data?

Rusty

/ 3510 drawbar capacity
Sounds like alot of people asking the same question, cause no specs. from Mahindra. My 3510 has the drawbar bolted on the bottom of the differential, a solid plate covering the whole bottom of differential, so has a lot of strength. But not about to push my luck without any data. Have a 20 ft. trailer, empty weight of 3000#. A lot of weight on the drawbar. Will be safe and get a 3 pt. receiver hitch. Would like to pick up a used , cheap, wagon someday, use for light towing around the farm.

/ 3510 drawbar capacity #16  
I could only find a limit on towed weight of 1.5 times the tractor's weight in my Kukje (Branson/Century/Zetor) manual for 28 through 47 HP series.
I "ASSUME" this is about stability and therefore refers to the total weight of the tractor WITH loader and loaded tires ...if so equipped.

It would be 1.5 x something between ~3850 (naked tractor) and ~6400 (loader, bucket & Rimguard R4s) lbs.
What percentage of that would/should/could be "on" the drawbar isn't spec'd, though I suspect that it could be more than the 10 to 15% guideline for towing trailers on highways (smirk).