/ 3510 #1  

Tkirkland

Tractor
Looking at buying one of these machines.. Just built a house and was floored when I got the landscape quote. Figured I could finish the yard up over the summer and invest that cash into a new tractor.

My question is basically are these machines any good?.. I mean from a quality standpoint. Or do they use inferior metal for gears etc.. as some other dealers would tell you (orange dealer).

Main uses would be pulling a 5' rotary and building a retaining wall out of the rock that was chipped from our basement (up to 1200#'s each I'd imagine).

Thanks.

/ 3510 #2  
i dont really know much about the 10 series, i got a 00 series. mechanicaly i need another 950 hours to say, but structurally the 00 series is much superior to the competition. i didnt realize just how much untill after i got used to mine then started noticing things on the competition that were wimpy upside of mahindra. plus the price was better. i keep waiting for the catch,,,,,,,,,,, nothing so far.

/ 3510 #3  
IMO (a Mahindra 2615 owner), if you look at the specs and weight of the 10 series and compare it to the competitors of the equivalent horsepower you will see that the Mahindra 10 series tractor is a fairly serious machine. I think the Kioti DK series is a good competitor to the Mahindra 10 series - both are good heavy machines.

I think the hardware is better than the "big three" but the resale value and dealer network of the Mahindra and Kioti brands are not as mature.

If you are looking to sell the tractor in a few years then you might want to consider a big three brand as it will be easier to unload later.

If you want to get a good value then you are looking in the right place. The whole brand war thing is kind of ugly.

I recommend looking at the tractors and comapring the spec sheets and the dealers. Eventually, you will find something that feels right.

/ 3510 #4  
Mahindra has been making tractors since the 60's. They have been making autos since pre WW2. They are not a fly by night. Ask your orange dealer when Kubota won the Demming award.

In the market that they have been selling in they are #1, that means that they sell more than JD and Kubota. They just started in the US 10 years ago.

Look at them, side by side. Look at the specs and the value/dollar.