3520 4x4 splined shaft question.

/ 3520 4x4 splined shaft question.
Instead if standard split roll pins, consider spiroloc pins. Thinner layers of SS spiralled 3 turns or so.
Do you happen to have a source for 4mmx3mm ss spiro loc pins?

/ 3520 4x4 splined shaft question. #22  
M ost of them are designed with the collar soft and the shafts hard so the collar wears out and gets replaced. Just did one of my M series Kubota's. The coupler was 50 bucks, pins included.

/ 3520 4x4 splined shaft question. #24  
Approximately 4 months ago somehow I was logged off but not by me. I attempted unsuccessfully to log back in. I sent message to "contact us" below & recieved no reply. I entered a new handle & logged in. I made several post under new handle & it was mentioned in a thread that I was a long time member replying using a new handle. A moderator noticed the thread & set me up with a temporary password for my old handle. I've noticed the """new member status""" but it really hasn't affected my posting so I just was leaving well enough alone!

Last edited:
M ost of them are designed with the collar soft and the shafts hard so the collar wears out and gets replaced. Just did one of my M series Kubota's. The coupler was 50 bucks, pins included.
The Deere couplers were $33.00 each. $1.50 ea. for the roll pins.

I did drill one collar for a larger drift pin encase i have to put it back together to plow snow before my parts arrive.
The collar seemed to be pretty hard metal.

Sincerely,
dirt

/ 3520 4x4 splined shaft question. #26  
Wow, a cheaper than Kubota part, I'm amazed. The front input shaft and the transfer shaft that goes to the transmission are hardened and tempered while the coupler isn't. The coupler is designed to wear out, not the shafts an on purpose design. I know guys who use a nail instead of a roll pin, just so long as it's not so long that it contacts the outer shield as it rotates. All the roll pin(s) do is keep the coupler on the shafts. In reality on any FWA tractor it's a consumable part just like a filter but the change interval is much longer.

On my Kubota's you can hear it when it gets sloppy.

/ 3520 4x4 splined shaft question. #27  
Approximately 4 months ago somehow I was logged BUT off not by me. I attempted unsuccessfully to log back in. I sent message to "contact us" below & recieved no reply. I entered a new handle & logged in. I made several post under new handle & it was mentioned in a thread that I was a long time member replying using a new handle. A moderator noticed the thread & set me up with a temporary password for my old handle. I've noticed the """new member status""" but it really hasn't affected my posting so I just was leaving well enough alone!
Should say 'recycled member' instead...lol Just curious in as much as you are an old timer on here like I am. I see Bird posted the other day. Have not seen him post in ages.

/ 3520 4x4 splined shaft question. #28  
Do you happen to have a source for 4mmx3mm ss spiro loc pins?
I don't find meyric pins in SS. McMaster Carr is your friend. I assume you meant 4 x 30mm

Screenshot_20220122-184633.jpg

Should say 'recycled member' instead...lol Just curious in as much as you are an old timer on here like I am. I see Bird posted the other day. Have not seen him post in ages.

I don't find meyric pins in SS. McMaster Carr is your friend. I assume you meant 4 x 30mm

View attachment 730473
Yes, 4x30mm. My son uses McMaster Carr a lot and i've bought from them before also.

Thanks for the info!

Sincerely,
dirt