3520 FEL/ 7620 BH

/ 3520 FEL/ 7620 BH #1  

Zork

Platinum Member
Tractor
'04 Branson 3520, '51 Fergy, '96 MTD 18/46, '02 Craftsman GT5000/48
Hi everyone. Today I finally got my tractor delivered and I was able to run it for a while. The fel hydraulics run fine, however the loader lowers slower than I would like. The backhoe exceeds my anticipated expectations for a smaller bh. It is responsive and has quite a bit of power and so far, has no problem filling its bucket. For a total time of 1.5hrs I can say that I have purchased what was represented to me and I am very satisfied with it. No buyers remorse! Kevin, my dealer at Charlottesville Power and Equipment was friendly and willing to take time and explain things to me, he was genuine. I would like to thank all of you for your input and thank this web site as well for all of the free posts. I'm looking forward to tomorrow so that I can take care of all of those neglected little/ large projects. Franz

/ 3520 FEL/ 7620 BH #2  
Way to go, Franz. You'll spend many happy hours on that piece of equipment. I know I have thouroughly enjoyed mine. After you have used it a few hours, you will want to start customizing. First, rig up some aux lights as you will need them for those late evenings when you want to play....there is a ton of info on this forum. Check out the chain boxes a TBN'r built. How about getting a toothbar to bolt into that bucket? Add some tow hooks to the top of the bucket? Check out the way people have customized their grills to keep errant brush from getting to the grill. All these are great ideas. All on TBN.

Happy plowing. er digging.

sassafraspete

/ 3520 FEL/ 7620 BH
Hi Pete. Yeah, I'll have to get customizing /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I believe the first or second thing will be a coffee cup holder. My military shovel fits into the upper 3pt hitch arm pin area snugly, so I can clean the bucket of this Virginia "gold" (red) soil to prevent if from freezing overnight. I will install hooks on the buckets of both fel and bh. I want lights on my rops, underneath it, both in front and two for the rear. I'll also install/ fabricate a piece of steel that runs from the loader mount to both step brackets, it will protect my tank and sturdy the steps. The steps are ok, I just think that over time, the mount may become fatiqued. I also got the adjustable seat.....VERY VERY NICE. It even operates for the big bottoms. Today I dug out 4 stumps, filled 2 sink holes, spread gravel in my neighbors driveway, cut down 3 trees and hauled one for firewood. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I got a bunch of waves from all of my neighbors when I was out around the street. *******Pete, after about 3.5 hours, I noticed my fel was getting sloppy with side to side motion. I stopped and got underneath and found loose bolts on loader/ frame mount/ bh subframe and on the rear end. I went over everything I could get to. I say this only to give you a heads up, you and everyone else. You might want to do a casual inspection. Its not just limited to branson, however, as an operator we are obligated to know our machines and it helps too if we can turn a few wrenches and not just call the shop to have it towed... heeeee /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Franz

/ 3520 FEL/ 7620 BH
Pete, I forgot about the tooth bar. I may get one in the future. Now the tractor doesnt seem to need it, anyway, I will make one similar to the one that is at the dealer. They have a nice design but I want to make a few changes. Franz /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 3520 FEL/ 7620 BH #5  
Geez Franz, you did more in one day than I have in a month. I am impressed. Sounds like you made some neighbors happy too. Regarding the bolts....the very first thing I asked my dealer when he unloaded the tractor, was if he went over all the bolts to see if they were torqued down. But as you say, we have an obligation in maintaining our equipment to check from time to time. I have only done some serious FEL lifting this week. I had my neighbor bring in 22 ton of stone for the drive...had him spread half the load on the drive and then leave the other in a pile for me to play with. I only had a little time after dark, so the lights came in handy. Like you, I want to eventually put 2 facing front and 2 to the rear...and inside my ROP so as not to get torn off by any tree limbs. I am still enamored by the diesel as compared to the old Gas tractor I used to drive. I could fill my bucket full with stone, and creep down my steep drive...while that diesel never gets excited like the old gas engine. I love the torque of the thing. Well, sounds like you had a banner day. You won't have anything more to do now for awhile since sounds like you did everything today !!

sassafraspete

/ 3520 FEL/ 7620 BH #6  
Great Franz! Glad you have joined the ranks. You certainly won't regret it. Perhaps someone mentined this, or you already know, but there is a knob dead center just above the deck but below the seat to adjust the hyrdraulic speed. Don't forget the pics!!!!

/ 3520 FEL/ 7620 BH #7  
I think Franz was out for a bunch of photo opps today. He's gonna have the neighbor ladies baking him pies, and the guys drooling over the cool equipment. One of the commandments, ie thou shall not covet thy neighbor's tractor.
I know I did plenty of that watching my neighbor go by in his.

sassafraspete

/ 3520 FEL/ 7620 BH
Jonathan, I dont have a digital camera- yet. I guess that may be next in line. Thanks for all of your help. Franz

/ 3520 FEL/ 7620 BH
Pete, I am going to cut and mount some angle iron on my bh pads today, they will keep me from sliding backwards during bh operation. Might look into angle mounted from loader support to steps as well. Oh, I cant forget the chain boxes as well, dont have any tubing though. Its too wet today to do anything and not regret it. Franz

/ 3520 FEL/ 7620 BH #10  
You are getting rain that we had here yesterday (actually some freezing rain). Good day to work in the garage/shed....or of course watch the Colts Game at 3 pm. Any ideas you come up with, I am interested in, as I am keeping a folder of pictures/ improvements. Unfortunately, I have a garage full of woodworking tools, but no welder. Just never got into much metal working, although I would like to. When you get tired of working on the tractor, and watching the colts, you can eat those pies the neighbor ladies will be bringing over.

happy plowing.

sassafraspete