3520H Won’t start

/ 3520H Won’t start #1  

Txhunter

Tractor
Branson 3520H
Tractor has always fired right up. Parked it last weekend, went to restart it. Lights came on, sounded like I heard the fuel pump relay? Turned the key to start, nothing. Then the lights went out—nothing after that even if I turned the key off and back on. Thought at first that the one year old battery was bad, but ruled that out. Almost seemed like a bad ground. Checked the ground from the battery to the block. Even took it off from the block—it was clean and tight. Pic attached. Checked continuity from battery to ground bolt—all good. If I disconnect the battery, can get lights and repeat the same sequence, but then if I turn the key again, no lights,no nothing. Seems like it has to be a simple electrical problem. Hoping for some ideas here. I have some skills, but limited. If you have any suggestions, please include details—don’t assume I know much! My place is a coupe of hours away, so I don’t have the luxury of trying one thing and reporting back. Would greatly appreciate a few ideas—what to try if the first thing doesn’t work.

Greatly appreciate any insight someone has. Hate to go to the trouble and expense of getting someone to come out for what is likely an easy fix.

Attachments

• IMG_6827.jpeg
    IMG_6827.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
   / 3520H Won’t start #2  
How did you rule out the battery being bad? The first thing I'd check is the battery voltage.

/ 3520H Won’t start
Bought battery at Tractor supply last year. I actually toook it there to get it tested. They said they don’t test batteries, so just gave me a new one under warranty. Both the one year old one and the replacement gave me the same result.

/ 3520H Won’t start #4  
Check all battery connections on the posts, ground (which you indicate you checked), and on the starter. A single high resistance connection will cause the symptoms you describe.
The best way to test a battery is with a load tester.

/ 3520H Won’t start #5  
Can you take jumper cable from battery positive straight to the starter? This will bypass ignition circuit and tell you if starter and battery are good.

Any chance mice or critters got in the dash and had wire insulation for lunch? Would not be the first tractor with mouse chewed wires.

/ 3520H Won’t start #6  
Check your shut off solenoid.

/ 3520H Won’t start
Can you take jumper cable from battery positive straight to the starter? This will bypass ignition circuit and tell you if starter and battery are good.

Any chance mice or critters got in the dash and had wire insulation for lunch? Would not be the first tractor with mouse chewed wires.
Thanks! I’ll try. Guess critter damage is a possibility.
Check your shut off solenoid.
Sorry to ask, but can you tell me how to do that?

/ 3520H Won’t start #8  

/ 3520H Won’t start #9  
Bought battery at Tractor supply last year. I actually toook it there to get it tested. They said they don’t test batteries, so just gave me a new one under warranty. Both the one year old one and the replacement gave me the same result.

Really? They just gave you a new battery. Seems like a rather generous business practice.

/ 3520H Won’t start
Really? They just gave you a new battery. Seems like a rather generous business practice.
Lol. Not sure if it’s generous or just wasteful. if you sell batteries, you should invest in a battery tester. Since they didn’t have one, I guess replacing it was their only real option. Not like they could send me down the street to ask Autozone to test it. . .