3650 Assessment from pictures

/ 3650 Assessment from pictures #1  

GarthH

Silver Member
Hi all

There is a 3650 at a car wholesale auction that I could buy for $3,500. I don't know the hours but suspect more than 5,000 - it is located in the west coast of Canada so it was likely used for grass or maybe an orchard.

What do you think. Any thoughts from the pictures?

Attachments

• IMG_2362.JPG
    IMG_2362.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_2363.JPG
    IMG_2363.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_2361.JPG
    IMG_2361.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_2360.JPG
    IMG_2360.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 274
   / 3650 Assessment from pictures
I should have mentioned that I am needing to get a FEL for the tractor and the usual implements - tiller, finishing mower, PHD, snow blower, blade and maybe some forks. I do not think the tractor will do everything for me but it might give me some time to find a good alternative tractor at this years farm auctions. My over goal is to be something with a cab.

Was there a good self leveling FEL attachment for the L3650?

Garth

/ 3650 Assessment from pictures #3  
Garth,
For the jobs you list, it would seem a 4wd tractor would be more useful. This 2wd tractor appears set up for lawn maintenance but not general land work.
Unless you will want the turf tires permanently, I'd maybe pass on this one. By the time you add a loader and a wheel/tire conversion your investment will be on the high side of average for this size tractor. It might be better to wait for a tractor that already has the size, traction and other features you want.
BTW, a self-leveling loader may not be easy to find. Larger tractor loaders have been available with leveling linkage for years - but smaller utility tractor loaders have not, until the recently-introduced hydraulic ones whose control valves have built-in flow division to the lift and curl circuits. Maybe in a few years these valves will be more commonly available for retrofit.
As always, prompt cheerful refund if advice is bogus. Take care, Dick B

/ 3650 Assessment from pictures #4  
I don't know looks like a nice tractor for short money and long as it runs well. Rear remotes are a big plus and you'll get plenty of flotation out of those marshmallows on the rear. I wouldn't even be concerned about a self leveling loader. It will just rob you of wt. capacity for no good reason. Just move the lever as you need too. If the loader is already there on sight sounds like you could have a nice tractor for under 5 grand. I wouldn't be too concerned about 2 wheel drive. Wheel brakes can do incredible things. I have them on my 4 wheel HST and I have yet to figure out how to use Wheel brake and the Hydro peddle at the same time. I wonder what think tank came up with putting them on the same side LOL:confused: