3650P HST with 3h and broken HST?

/ 3650P HST with 3h and broken HST? #1  

Badmonky

Tractor
Kioti DK45
Hi all,

I have the opportunity to buy a 2019 3650 HST Cab model. It has only 3h on it, and is described with "needing HST". It seems to me that the transmission would have to have been broken from the factory at those hours. Its 3h away, so I wanted to get some of your expert opinion here to it this is a worthy buy and what the max number would be. It runs great, PTO works, loader works. But does not move. I just sent a email to Mahindra about the warranty. I almost expect that the tractor may have been sold by them at auction or something originally which may have voided the warranty. Its just a bit odd... basically a brand new tractor, but why has nobody fixed it yet?

Other questions I wonder about:
1. Can I get a replacement trans? At what cost?
2. What else could it be?
3. I know its gonna be a major job, but how major are we talking? (I have a backhoe and a 40hp tractor to assist me in repairs. :D )

Thanks in advance for any advice. I realize this is a tricky one to get help with, but if anyone can help, it's you all. :)

/ 3650P HST with 3h and broken HST?
Can you elaborate? Would love to understand more about what this could be all about? Is there any known issue? Or do you just mean its not worth getting into something this unknown? What if it was super cheap?

/ 3650P HST with 3h and broken HST? #4  
Can you elaborate? Would love to understand more about what this could be all about? Is there any known issue? Or do you just mean its not worth getting into something this unknown? What if it was super cheap?
Its probably a Lemon, no? As in it was in for repairs multiple times and could not be fixed.

/ 3650P HST with 3h and broken HST?
But is there such a think as not fixable? Its just a q. of money in the end.
Here is my thought. Once fixed this is ~40k tractor. If I got it for 10k and had to throw another 10k in parts at it (I am fine doing the labor), that would be worth it. Could a replacement transmission be more than 10k you think?

/ 3650P HST with 3h and broken HST? #6  

I don't know about that model, but do recall a new Mahindra buyer that had a hydro failure and IIRC he waited for near a year for a replacement Hydro pump to arrive.
I would definitely nail down all major hydro replacement costs and time to delivery before taking a chance.

/ 3650P HST with 3h and broken HST? #7  
You asked for opinions. You have three already suggesting you stay away from it, (four now actually) but it sounds like you really don't want them. Remember, there is no free lunch, but if you're all that intrigued by it, then by all means, go for it. You might make a big score.

/ 3650P HST with 3h and broken HST? #8  
Price out a complete hydrostatic transmission from a local Mahindra dealer, then add a few thousand and decide.

/ 3650P HST with 3h and broken HST? #9  
Get the serial # of the tractor.
Contact Mahindra w this number to see what the ghost of this tractor holds.

/ 3650P HST with 3h and broken HST? #10  
With only 3 hours on it, my thinking is that the shifting linkage is messed up and that there is nothing wrong with the transmission at all.

Get an idea for what the current owner will sell the tractor for. That alone will tell you if it is worth your time or not.