3700 no start

/ 3700 no start
Alright guys,

Had time yesterday to dig in more. Meter showed that on key start the starter solenoid was only getting about 9.8 volts. This was weird, if it were a bad key switch I'd expect no volts. So I warmed up the glow plugs, put the key to the on position, and jumped to solenoid to the starter wire to fire it up. Ran it for about an hour and a half to make sure battery was charged.

I reluctantly shut it off only to try and restart again. VOILA! Key start worked fine this time. Can't say that I'm thrilled to have an intermittent electrical issue but it is good to know I can bypass all of the start safeties if I get into a bad situation.

I will follow back up now that the motor has cooled again and see if the problem comes back. Last year I pulled the tractor on a trailer during a snowy day in KY and I'm afraid the road salt is causing issues.

More to come, and thanks for all the ideas.

/ 3700 no start #12  
My B7510 died on me one day. I pulled it onto the trailer and hauled to the dealer. The tech diagnosed the electronic block that reads all the signals as bad. He ran a jumper wire from the positive side of the battery down to the fuel shut off solenoid located on the fuel pump. I heard the solenoid click and she started right up.

As stated check all your safety inputs - PTO, clutch depressed, weight in the seat, etc.