3910 seat installation

/ 3910 seat installation #1  

double hunter

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1715
trying to install a new iniversal type seat on my 3910,,,took the old seat offf, the front bolt is not a problem, removed the rear nut,,it is pretty much rusted to a for better words a stem,,about 3' long that goes into the top cover,,put the new seat on,,front bolt no problem but the rear bolt {stem assembly} is tightenng up before the nut reachs the new seat plate,,I went to N/H site and cannot locate the part,,is there a trick to reinstalling,,any help appreciated

/ 3910 seat installation
302_1282.JPG

/ 3910 seat installation #3  
Put that stem in a vise, heat the nut, back it off, reinstall stem, install seat.

/ 3910 seat installation
I was just wondering why it didnt go back down to the nut,,its all about the same thickness,,what is this part,,has a little wear on the end,,I thought it may something to do with how high the 3 point lifts

/ 3910 seat installation
I was just wondering why it didnt go back down to the nut,,its all about the same thickness,,what is this part,,has a little wear on the end,,I thought it may something to do with how high the 3 point lifts,,the stem itself does not have a way to tighten it,,

/ 3910 seat installation #6  
Have you started the tractor and ran the lift with this pin out? I don't know what it does either I'm just curious if everything works with it out, for what its worth if you havne't tried running it I wouldn't. Take the advice to heat the nut and remove it, if you don't have a heat source cut the nut most of the way through on opposing sides with a hacksaw or something and chisel it off, clean the threads and reinsert with a new nut.

/ 3910 seat installation
I went back and looked at the old seat plate,,I dont think the nut was touching that one either,,this may not be the original seat,,I made a spacer and did what we use to call at work a "field modification" i think this will work302_1286.JPG302_1287.JPG

/ 3910 seat installation
There was so much dirt and grime under the old seat I didnt notice if it was all the way down but i dont see where the nut was touching as it is under the front bolt,,the blank space on the stem lines up with the plate ,,,I havent started it yet

/ 3910 seat installation
Franked it this afternoon and everything seems to be working as engineered,,came up real slow withthe lift the first time,,never did see this on the parts break down