3-Point Hitch 3PH lifting arms not working

/ 3PH lifting arms not working #11  
Well this did it. Thanks PADan. Turned the valve and the arms worked. The only problem is when I turn this to use the 3PH I can't use the loader. That's a little inconvenient. I will have to study it for a while to see if there is a way to fix it so I can use the loader and the 3 point.

Your solution is NOT a solution, unless a 3pt power-beyond run isn't plumbed into your tractor.

Generally, a valved function is a 3-terminal connection: input (pressure input), output (return to sump), and power-beyond (pressure line to the next function). Only the last function is two-terminal (input and return to sump), which is usually either 3pt hitch -OR- the backhoe. My guess is that you have only two lines going to the backhoe.

My tractor (Kubota L4200) comes with a hydraulic block that drives the 3pt hitch. Turning a valve on the block diverts closes off the flow to the hitch, diverting it to an outlet hose (which goes to the 'IN' terminal for my loader). The loader's power-beyond outlet then is either returned to the 3pt to run that, or went back to the lines for the backhoe, at which point the 3pt was disabled. A hose had to be manually swapped to change from one to the other. As such, I had a choice of running the rear PB lines, or the 3pt hitch - but not both.

I ended up running one additional line from the back of the tractor to the 3pt hitch input. That way, I have the original PB from the loader and return (to sump) lines, and a new PB line to the 3pt. Connecting the two PB lines together enables the 3pt. When I connect the backhoe, I leave the 3pt PB line unconnected (now the backhoe is last in line). Now, any additional remote valves (with 3 terminal connections) can be placed in the back to run other 3pt hitch stuff - there 'IN' port being powered by the PB line from the loader, their PB output going to the 3pt, and their 'OUT' port going to the return line.

5158287820_4c7bbf7727.jpg

JayC

/ 3PH lifting arms not working
Hi JayC,

Your presumption is correct, there are only two lines to the backhoe. Note that I do not have a solution, but an inconvenience to solve. Not sure what my solution may be. You seem to have figured it out. Maybe there is another type of valve block available for me?

I am open to suggtions.