3ph Pallet Forks vs FEL forks

/ 3ph Pallet Forks vs FEL forks #11  
One thing I for got to say earlier was that when I go to lowes or home depot and get mulch or garden soil or something heavy you can throw a skid on the truck and when you get home you can move it with the tractor right to the project with out breaking your back.

/ 3ph Pallet Forks vs FEL forks #12  
After I submitted my previous post it occurred to me that two sets would be ideal.
I agree 100% with Bullitt, with 2 sets you can quickly pick up rear ballast when doing loader work and once the 3ph is set you rarely need to adjust them unless the ground is uneven.
I also have everything on pallets, keeps things off the ground and very easy to pick up and move.
Wish I had a set for the front.

/ 3ph Pallet Forks vs FEL forks #13  
there are different types of forks for the FEL.

one type, slides over a heavy duty bucket, and either bolts or clamps onto the bucket. these types have less lifting capacity, due to being further away from the tractor.

another type, you remove the front bucket, and forks go into the place of the front bucket. these types have higher lifting capacity.

then you have 3pt hitch type.

================
being able to adjust the fork "widths" can come in handy. when not dealing with "pallets" of a given size, and messing with a bunch of different things you need to lift up, and need to adjust width of forks to get around bracing and like.

=================
as much as "quick attach" features can be nice, for quickly attaching and unattaching stuff. they also reduce lift capacity of FEL and 3pt hitch. ya it takes a little bit more time and some more muscle and position tractor just right, without quick attach. but *shrugs* con's and pro's in them all.

3pt hitch type is nice for heavy stuff, that is on the ground.

if you are moving logs though, for myself prefer to skip lifting entire log up. (normally to long errr wide) to fit through fences. and will wrap a chain around end of log. and around draw bar on 3pt hitch. lift up 3pt hitch some so the end nearest to tractor does not dig into the ground. and just drag the log were i want it.

3pt hitch type with TNT. only has so many degrees of operation before ya run out vs a FEL version. though 3pt hitch type should be able to tilt enough, to work off them pallets that want to stick on the forks as you drive forward on the tractor.

/ 3ph Pallet Forks vs FEL forks #14  
Up to the rootball a 3pt would suffice. I've only got a 30hp tractor and use the 3pt in my sig to lift and move some heavy logs (up to ~1,500 lbs), I just have trouble keeping the front end on the ground.
My criteria for picking 3pt was greater capacity and price. I only paid about $130 a few years ago.
3-Point Pallet Fork

If you search here some peeps have adapted fork-lift masts to their 3pt.

Wow... these 3pt pallet forks are exactly what I've been looking for. I too have a 30HP tractor (JD 2720). I am also installing a hydraulic top link which should help with angle positioning.

Question - how high do you think I can lift with the ASC 3pt forks? Do you think with the added angle control of my hydraulic top link that I would be able to lift a pallet off a small landscape trailer?

It has a deck height of 18 1/2 inches.

/ 3ph Pallet Forks vs FEL forks #15  
I started with the 3ph forks and found them to be very useful. i think if the load height is under 20" they would unload from your trailer just fine. I do admit that i bought FEL forks last year, and the options are truly amazing. I use them to dig holes, remove trees, carry everything from furniture to marble slabs, and accurately place large rocks for a rock wall. I often have them both on the tractor (JD2320) at the same time. moving pallets of concrete blocks, pallet/box of firewood, and other heavy, bulky items i prefer to use the 3ph forks, since they are more stable in operation. i had to modify the 3ph forks to work with by QuickHitch, had a local welder do it with no problem. My FEL forks go on in place of the bucket, they are from Artillian (sp?)

/ 3ph Pallet Forks vs FEL forks #16  
i had to modify the 3ph forks to work with by QuickHitch, had a local welder do it with no problem. My FEL forks go on in place of the bucket, they are from Artillian (sp?)

If you have a chance some time, could you post a photo of the mods you had to do to the forks for the Quick Hitch? I have a Land Pride QH15 quick hitch on order and would like to use it with the forks as well.

Thanks. - John

/ 3ph Pallet Forks vs FEL forks #17  
Here are the mods to the top of my Rankin 3ph forks. Rated for a much heavier load than my tractor could handle. It is the lower 'pin' that fits in the hitch, the upper pin is for additional strength. It originally had a full welded plate across the top preventing hookup. Had to be cut off before welding the bushings in place. I don't think just bolting the bushings through would be strong enough.

Attachments

• image-3400606217.jpg
    image-3400606217.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 270
  • image-4211713138.jpg
    image-4211713138.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 176
   / 3ph Pallet Forks vs FEL forks #18  
Thanks gtosvx, those photos are very helpful.