3ph problem

/ 3ph problem #1  

michael2001

Tractor
ym1802d
i have an 1802d yanmar and after running it for about 15 min. the 3ph quits lowering....it works fine until it gets warm...with my bush hog on it slowly lowers, but with a box blade it will not....cleaned the filter and fluid and still the same problem....any suggestions

/ 3ph problem #2  
Does it still have the problem with the servicing stop valve, down by your feet , fully open, CCW, and also the drop speed adjusting lever, red lever under the seat, fully open?

/ 3ph problem
pulled the stem out of the drop speed regulator under the seat between my legs and it was full of gunk and stuck so i cleaned it and replaced the valve stem and it is working well now....after reading your post it got my mind to working....thanks, sometimes my brain needs a set of jumper cables connected to it.

/ 3ph problem #4  
normde2001 said:
Does it still have the problem with the servicing stop valve, down by your feet , fully open, CCW, and also the drop speed adjusting lever, red lever under the seat, fully open?

I realize this is a pretty old thread, but I've been going back and scanning all the old threads to glean as much info as I can.

I keep seeing references to a "drop speed adjusting lever" located near the stop valve. I own a YM2220D and just got back from searching that machine with great diligence. Couldn't find anything that resembled the referenced "adjusting lever". It seems like the only control I have over drop speed is by feathering the service stop valve. However another thread post by Soundguy (??) stated unequivocally that the stop valve should be full open or full closed.

Leaves me in a bit of a quandary. Anybody care to lay some wisdom on me?

/ 3ph problem #5  
One of my levers is under the seat but on the right side near the 3ph lever. Maybe yours is there too. The red has worn off and it is really hard to see. The one under the seat between your legs is easy to find but the other I had to really look for.

/ 3ph problem #6  
Thanks, Audrey.

Went back out to the shed and took another look - to no avail. Don't tell anybody or I'll get kicked out of the Benevolent Protective Order of Males, but I even dug out the operator's manual - the "instructions", so to speak. The diagram in there, as best I can tell, points to the exact same place you described.

Well, I'll try to get a good nights sleep, roll the beast out into the sunlight, and take a look with a fresh set of eyes in the morning.

Is there anybody out there with a 2220D that can tell me, "Yes, indeed there is a drop speed adjustment on that tractor. Keep looking and you WILL find it!"

/ 3ph problem #7  
Mine is REALLY hard to see. I can see where these tractors are made for tiny hands too, something I don't have!

/ 3ph problem #8  
Post up a pic of the area being described, maybe someone here will recognize it?

/ 3ph problem #9  
Ok this is a picture from the back of my tractor. It is hard to see but it is the lever with the red handle (I was wrong and it is the other lever the red fell off of). It is next to the hydraulic hose.
trailer tractor 008_edited.jpg

/ 3ph problem #10  
Sorry the picture came out so big... I'm having trouble with attachments. But you can see where it is in relation to the fender on the right side. I had trouble finding it to get this picture and I know it is there. It really is hard to see, kind of have to get down there and close to it and start looking. Hope this helps.