3point hitch problem

/ 3point hitch problem #1  

MisterMan

Tractor
MF2605
Hey Everyone,
I am in need of help with my MF231.(not 231S)

For the last two weeks when I try to lift hay with hayforks the 3-point hitch doesnot hold where I place it, it either goes up or down on it's own. I have to constantly hold the control lever to keep it somewhat in a fix position.

My question for you all is there an adjustment for the 3-point hitch to stay fixed at what ever position you lift it too?

your suggestions will be more than appreciated.

MisterMan

/ 3point hitch problem #2  
:welcome:
To TBN MisterMan from Northwest Alabama. What part of Alabama are you in?

/ 3point hitch problem
mdorange, I am a little bit south of Montgomery, Alabama...:)

/ 3point hitch problem #4  
You use position control not draft control ?

/ 3point hitch problem
Draft control never used. It's in up position.

/ 3point hitch problem #7  
mdorange, I am a little bit south of Montgomery, Alabama...:)
I have a brother-in-law that lives in Wetumpka but he doesn't have a tractor so we call him the black sheep of the family.

/ 3point hitch problem
mdoange that not far at all from me. Lol he might be a smart man no stress of farming...lol

/ 3point hitch problem
Hey TimberJackRob, the lever it self moves on its own and the hayfork arms move also.
the control lever doesnot stay fixed. let me say this also, it will stay fixed "sometimes".
here is a example of the issue: I was using tractor with box blade to level pile of gravel, would pull up straighten up begin backing up, box blade set to height I needed, start backing up before reaching pile maybe ten feet away box blade would start
creeping down, then I would have to grab control level and lift box up again.....that makes sense? I am completely lost on this issue. I was hoping that there was an adjustment screw or something on the tractor I could set to control lifts.

thanks,
MisterMan

/ 3point hitch problem #10  
Its just the spak.jpg

You shuld have somthing like this on your lever