3point hitch problem

/ 3point hitch problem
Agvg, I have this. I am going to the pasture later today (7/26/15) and I am going to take a picture of my levers and post them for you to see. Hopefully you can see something I don't. This is a older tractor but it runs great.

/ 3point hitch problem #12  
Try to adjust it, this is the friction mechanism that shall keep your levers where you want them.

/ 3point hitch problem
Agvg, I tried that but it seemed froze and I lubricated the screw and hope to be able to turn it. will let you know what happened.

/ 3point hitch problem #14  
if it is a old tractor the packing might be bad this is common and a cheap easy fix if you do it yourself if not could cost from1000. to 2000. depending on price of labor your part is going to be about 25 bucks and you need a piston ring compressor to put it in without messing it up.

/ 3point hitch problem
Tractorman85 thanks, this is a 1995 231.
if it is bad packing where do I find the part to remove the piston to replace the seal or packing?

/ 3point hitch problem #16  
mdoange that not far at all from me. Lol he might be a smart man no stress of farming...lol
lol, he maybe but now his brother is teasing him because he just got his new girlfriend to buy him one of the last new L4600.

/ 3point hitch problem #17  
Hello MisterMan, I had this problem on a 240. Avgv is right. In my case I had to change the friction washer as it was plastic and worn completely out. Problem fixed. Hopefully your fix is as simple and cheap.

/ 3point hitch problem
Redman135, hm, you know that washer did look kinda shabby. I will take a real close look at that friction screw.
If backed the screw all the way out, can I put the washer back on it easy or is that spring a nightmare to get back on there?

/ 3point hitch problem
MdOrange, wow his brother has found himself a keeper.....:)...lol

/ 3point hitch problem #20  
MdOrange, wow his brother has found himself a keeper.....:)...lol
Yes, she seemed very nice when we finally met her recently. I am amazed at how lucky he his. They live up around Lineville.