3pt add on to my allis chalmers wd45

/ 3pt add on to my allis chalmers wd45 #1  

farm boy00

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere M&MT, Case 1030 comfort king, Sears ST16, Craftsmen 6000, homemade articulation mini-loader
Last year I purchase my ac(Allis Chalmers) wd45. And the guy had a few parts tractors and one had a loader and a have duty homemade 3pt. Picked up the tractor for $800 3pt for I think $150 or $200

ForumRunner_20150311_104522.png

ForumRunner_20150311_104514.png

ForumRunner_20150311_104504.png

ForumRunner_20150311_104452.png

ForumRunner_20150311_104441.png

ForumRunner_20150311_104433.png

ForumRunner_20150311_104427.png

ForumRunner_20150311_104417.png

ForumRunner_20150311_104407.png

/ 3pt add on to my allis chalmers wd45 #2  
Looks like it's pretty "experienced" but, in my opinion, the wd45 was the best of the 50's tractors. Good luck with it.

/ 3pt add on to my allis chalmers wd45
She is kind rough for body wise but it is a work horse

Just went to get it this weekend from my farm. Hasn't been ran in a few months. Couldn't get it to roll over to start. Could be the battery or???

/ 3pt add on to my allis chalmers wd45 #4  
She is kind rough for body wise but it is a work horse

Just went to get it this weekend from my farm. Hasn't been ran in a few months. Couldn't get it to roll over to start. Could be the battery or???

Probably the battery. Also, these have the external contactor on the starter that the starter rod actuates (avoids a solenoid) which sometimes doesn't make a good connection. Has it been converted to 12 volt? If not think about it. Makes it start a lot easier.

Probably the battery. Also, these have the external contactor on the starter that the starter rod actuates (avoids a solenoid) which sometimes doesn't make a good connection. Has it been converted to 12 volt? If not think about it. Makes it start a lot easier.

My brother had a problem with the push button(what we call it) with his wd. Tractor has not been converted. I want to or I might keep it original and get a 6v battery

/ 3pt add on to my allis chalmers wd45 #6  
It's been many, many years but I think the 12 volt conversion is really easy. If I recall, we only changed the coil, the headlights and the generator and regulator. The original starter works fine on 12 volt as long as you don't crank it too long and there really isn't anything else electrical on it.

It's been many, many years but I think the 12 volt conversion is really easy. If I recall, we only changed the coil, the headlights and the generator and regulator. The original starter works fine on 12 volt as long as you don't crank it too long and there really isn't anything else electrical on it.

I would up date it but I want to keep it original as possible. I still might though

/ 3pt add on to my allis chalmers wd45 #8  
-Your tractor brings up fond memories for me. My dad had one around 1955-60 and I was about 8-11 years old. It was a monster to me and he let me drive it but I remember it being hard to turn for a kid. It had a front end loader and he only put chains on one wheel otherwise when pushing snow or dirt if he would hit something rough the front end would pop up off the ground. I remember it had to be started with a crank on the front and it was tough to turn over, but that was what we used for the heavy lifting. Nice tractor.

-Your tractor brings up fond memories for me. My dad had one around 1955-60 and I was about 8-11 years old. It was a monster to me and he let me drive it but I remember it being hard to turn for a kid. It had a front end loader and he only put chains on one wheel otherwise when pushing snow or dirt if he would hit something rough the front end would pop up off the ground. I remember it had to be started with a crank on the front and it was tough to turn over, but that was what we used for the heavy lifting. Nice tractor.
Those old tractors have some good lifting power. I bent a set of forks with the loader

/ 3pt add on to my allis chalmers wd45 #10  
My dad got a wd in a trade deal for some hay off his property. The farmer he got it from liked it because of the hand clutch. They used it to bale hay and when the baler got into a big wad of hay, the tractor could be stopped with the hand clutch and the pto still had power and could turn the baler till it caught up. He converted it to a 3 point hitch, and it looked just like the pictures above.