Backhoe 3pt Backhoe...Do I need to lift it?

/ 3pt Backhoe...Do I need to lift it?
Thanks for all the replies, pictures, and suggestions! I'm thinking I may move forward with getting the 3pt BH and then fab some reinforcement. Not a "true" subframe, but something to take some strain off the 3pt.

After reading some replies about "snapping tractors in half", I decided to really check mine over. There are 10 (large) bolts holding the tractor halves together. There are also several places where I can bolt up some custom-built "subframe" components. The hard part for me is figuring out where to attach to the BH.

I have a plan "B", but it is the more expensive option, and it depends on how good of a trade I can make with a local equipment dealer. I am considering trading in my tractor and an old Case 530 Loader/Backhoe (it runs, but looks a little rough and is WAY too big for access to any of the work I do around the house) for a used Allman TB220. The Allman looks very similar to a Terramite, but looks a little beefier. I have rented a T7 Terramite from the guy several times, and I liked it for all the small jobs I do around the house. My only complaint with the T7....it lacks power when trying to go up a grade with a load in the FEL. More than once, it powered out going uphill, so I would back down, dump part of the load, and then hit the hill again. Anyone have any experience with the Allmans?? If it has more "tramming" power than the Terramite, I think I would like it. Otherwise I will just stick with my original plan of getting the 3pt BH for the tractor.

/ 3pt Backhoe...Do I need to lift it?
Irwin....I may take you up on that PM offer! What you built looks like what I need to build if I go with the 3pt BH. Considering the price of steel in my area, I may end up with as much money in the frame as the BH :eek:

Economics will ultimately decide whether I trade for the Allman or buy the 3pt BH.

/ 3pt Backhoe...Do I need to lift it? #13  
Bl8tant said:
Irwin....I may take you up on that PM offer! What you built looks like what I need to build if I go with the 3pt BH. Considering the price of steel in my area, I may end up with as much money in the frame as the BH :eek:

Economics will ultimately decide whether I trade for the Allman or buy the 3pt BH.

Not a problem, I'll look for more pictures if you need them. Let me know..and good luck