3pt concrete ballast build for logging/firewood

/ 3pt concrete ballast build for logging/firewood #11  
Be sure to show us the final results with all your tool holders and accessories welded on.đź‘Ť

/ 3pt concrete ballast build for logging/firewood #12  
I got mine from the local batch plant. $35. After this pic was taken, I cut off the excess forks and welded in a piece of channel with a receiver welded to it. I got the 3 point forklift off C/L for $50.
20220115_094920.jpg

/ 3pt concrete ballast build for logging/firewood #13  
I got mine from the local batch plant. $35. After this pic was taken, I cut off the excess forks and welded in a piece of channel with a receiver welded to it. I got the 3 point forklift off C/L for $50.View attachment 733085
Well where's the new pic? :)

Your Kubota appears to have dozens of upgrades; rad. A lot going on up in that canopy.

/ 3pt concrete ballast build for logging/firewood #14  
Thanks. It has a 3 way 12v outlet for charging my phone etc. as well as 2 LED lights forward, 1 to each side and 2 to the rear. Its also got an LED strobe on top of the ROP. Its all controlled by a switch pad.
20210710_130747.jpg

/ 3pt concrete ballast build for logging/firewood
As Rusty said, very nice formwork. Better than most concrete contractors. Question for you on the threaded bolts. Will you snap them off and patch them or use them for another purpose?

Nice work!

The bolts were all cut off using a wafer disc on a angle grinder. Then I used a masonry grinding disc on an angle grinder to clean up the concrete.
IMG_0826.JPG
IMG_0827.JPG

/ 3pt concrete ballast build for logging/firewood #16  
I realy like the way this is turning out.

Here’s where I stick welded 1/2” plate (drilled beforehand) to the 3pt frame so It can be pin on the tractor.
IMG_0835.JPG
I also painted it up using some ancient (20+ year old) 2 part epoxy paint. I was surprised that paint still worked but it did take forever to dry.

/ 3pt concrete ballast build for logging/firewood #18  
Looking slick, inpo.

I'm very curious to see how you will mount the vise and tire changer, and tool carrying setup.

Be sure to show us the final results with all your tool holders and accessories welded on.

Final assembly is always the fun part. I made up some short receiver hitches (4” long) out of 2-1/2” square tubing and welded them in place. These will be used for the chainsaw mounts. I installed some chain hooks and a D ring on the center plate which is also tied to the 3pt framework. On the front side, I welded some angle iron framework to hold some military ammo cans to store logging chains. On top, I fabbed up a storage box from angle iron and 14ga sheet metal to store gas, bar oil, and other stuff.
IMG_0839.JPG
IMG_0251.JPG

Here it is with the ammo cans and chainsaw mounts installed. I reworked the ammo can lid handles by cutting off the center handles and welded on a section of 4x6 square tubing cut to the appropriate size. The chainsaw mounts were fabricated from plywood sandwiched between some 14ga sheet metal. The pinch bolts were installed to keep things from ratting around when moving.
IMG_0841.JPG
IMG_0544.JPG
IMG_0545.JPG