Planters 3pt corn planter

/ 3pt corn planter #1  

johan3400

Gold Member
Western Illinois,just this side of heaven
Tractor
Kubota L3400 FEL
I am going to pick up a two row 3pt John Deere 71 planter this coming Saturday. The guy has gone through and done all needed repairs and painted it. I am going to use it for food plots and sweet corn. Picked it up for $350. Does that seem a reasonable price?

/ 3pt corn planter #2  
You are STEALING it at that price.

I paid $800 (delivered) for mine. Mine was completely rebuilt, repainted, etc so it looks like it is brand new. But still, if yours if functioning properly then you got a great price. In fact better than I have ever seen.

2 row JD 71 Flexi Planter

/ 3pt corn planter #3  
Does they guy have any more at that price??? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ 3pt corn planter #4  
A REAL good buy! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I've got a 2 row and a 4 row #71 planter. Can't beat 'em. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I've got a BUNCH of seed plates for them if you're in need. PM me if interested.

No matter what happens, DON'T BACK UP WITH THE PLANTER ON THE GROUND!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif They don't like that!

What seed cans does yours have? Small or big steel, or fiberglass? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You can order NEW seed plates from Lincoln Ag, and get parts from Deere OR Yetter Co. Yetter made these planters for Deere, and when Deere dropped them from their line, Yetter picked them up. Only difference? Now they're black.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck! John /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 3pt corn planter
I just talked to him, he has two more at the same price. fresh paint, all repairs done and sunflower plates. But I am driving to North Dakota to pick up

/ 3pt corn planter #6  
Yeah that would be a pretty good drive and I'm sure shipping would be outrageous. Just for the heck of it, could you pm me his contact info so I could call him to ask about shipping? Thanks.

/ 3pt corn planter
I have not seen this one yet. I am not sure which seed cans it has but was told could choose from two or three planters he has. I purchased this in December and am just making the trip out to pick it up. Which ones should I choose if I have a choice? I will only be planting sweet corn in small batches each time. I will likely plant about one acre at a time and do that every 10 days for a while to extend picking time. The last planter I owned was a IH400 cyclo been a long time since I owned a plate style planter, but also long time since I have been on the farm. I will contact you for the plates after I see what I have.

/ 3pt corn planter #8  
I'd suggest the smaller metal seed "box" if you have that choice. Mine has the BIG fiberglass boxes. They'll hold about a bushel and a half, I believe. Two of them filled would plant quite a patch of sweet corn! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The smaller ones will enable you to set them closer together, should you decide to plant something in narrow rows. Mine will only close down to 28" rows. Let me know if I can help with the seed plates. John

/ 3pt corn planter
after a long drive home with the new planter.

Attachments

• 598388-planter in truck 2.jpg
    598388-planter in truck 2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 370