3pt Finish Mower Durability?

/ 3pt Finish Mower Durability? #11  
I have a wood's 660,the steel on it is 8ga. When I'm done mowing my lawn it look's like golf coures./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I also do some brushwork with it, but nothing real heavy./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif
It's 5yr's old, haven't replaced anything yet. Just regular maint
blade sharping, and greasing. Gear oil in gear box still look's new.
My 2-cent's

Camshaft in Pa.

/ 3pt Finish Mower Durability? #12  
I have a 72" King Kutter finish deck, a 60" King Kutter finish deck (which is for sale) and a 60" King Kutter rotory. I have never had a problem with them. Why do I have King Kutters? Price and quality. They are very well built, easy to service and the price is great. Factory support is excellent. I looked at the others at my Kubota dealer and other dealers around the area and felt the money was too much for the others. The other brands are very well built but I can say that for the $499 I paid for the rotory 7 years ago I got a unit that has never broken down with all the acerage I've hired out to cut. I don't usually rave over products but King Kutter has a fan in me. I also have a 6 ft box blade from them.

Brad, Kubota L3010HST, loader, R4 tires
Pictures at http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=179207&a=9183978

/ 3pt Finish Mower Durability? #13  
I agree, KingKutter has Outstanding Value.

I've used my friends 6' finish mower, that now I'm considering buying one for my Dad.{along with the KingKutter II Tiller}

I have the KK 6' Rotary cutter, potatoe plow, and boom pole.

I have physically "tortured" my rotary cutter doing 3 & 4" nasty stuff... the Kutter thinks this is "normal"!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I have yet to have any KingKutter break, bend, twist or do anything but work beyond the call of duty.

I may have a John Deere and highly respect their quality... but you can't deny the Value in KingKutter...

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ 3pt Finish Mower Durability?
Thanks Everyone! As has been the norm , you guys really come through with some great input. It's also reassuring to get some user feedback about KK products. I admit I wasn't giving them alot of consideration due to their low prices. Figured there had to be something very wrong with their stuff to be sold at such low prices. Sounds now like someone out there in the implement market makes products with great value. Gotta love that! I also like that KK and Bush Hog make their manuals available online. Some of the brochures and online product descriptions are pretty lacking in detailed info and the manuals often provide the missing pieces.

Bird- I guess NOW that you know that lock nut is tight you can come back in another 1.5 years and tell us whether it's still tight /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif!

Thanks Again- Dave

/ 3pt Finish Mower Durability? #17  
dave
I ,like Bird have a Bush Hog finish mower.I have the ath 720.Have had it about 5 years and have not had any trouble with it. One of the things I think you should look at are blade tip speed. The faster the blades turn the better the cut and the mower will discharge the cut grass better. My neighbor originally purchased a King Kutter but I let him use mine and,after mowing with the Bush Hog , he sold his and went and bought one

Hoghead

/ 3pt Finish Mower Durability?
Re: Finish Mower Durability/Roto Tiller ?\'s

Hi All Again,

Thought I should post a little follow-up. Just got off the phone with an area dealer and took a plunge. I ordered a Land Pride FDR2560 Rear Discharge Finish Mower AND a Bush Hog SQ600 Rotary Cutter. As with the tractor, prices around here seem to be higher than other folks have posted. But by buying these two implements at the same time I'm getting a slightly better deal. It also gives me another relationship with an area dealer, that's different from the place I got the tractor. Hopefully it sends a gentle message to both dealers (both are Kubota dealers) that I'll take my $ to the place that gives me the best value. We'll see!

I did look at King Kutter too but the local merchant, QT Farm & Country (?) seems so poorly run... sloppy store, lots of missing inventory. I'm scared to purchase anything with moving parts from them! They had a few mowers, still in crates, sitting outside with lots of rust gathering on them and I just get a bad feeling /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif. I'd buy a box blade from them I guess but I found a low cost Leinbach box blade from a place very close to our home that I'd like to support.

Until next winter when I'll be looking at rear blades I just have one more major implement I'd like to get soon. That's a roto tiller and of course that leads to another question. How wide and/or heavy of a tiller would you consider for use with a Kubota B2710, 20hp PTO? I'd primarily be using it for garden work but expect to find other uses as I learn more. Oh yeah, soil here is VERY rocky with some clay. Recommend shear pin or slip clutch? Favorite brands?

Thanks Alot- Dave

/ 3pt Finish Mower Durability? #19  

Dave, I keep repeating myself on this topic, but I have a Bush Hog RTS40 (40") that I bought for the B7100 and am now using it on the B2710 (offset to cover my tracks on one side). The Bush Hog (mine has shear pin instead of slip clutch) has been one tough piece of equipment, but I'd recommend you get one wide enough to cover your rear tracks with it centered (54" to 62") which is what I wish I had.

Bird

/ 3pt Finish Mower Durability? #20  

Dave, I'm also looking for a 60" rear discharge mower, and have been considering King Kutter. You mention QT Farm and Country. Could that actually be CT Farm and Country? They have a place in Amsterdam NY and one in Mass. I was going to check out the mower there, but I'm having second thoughts if this is the same place you mention. If it is, which one did you go to? Thanks!