3pt Hitch Adapter

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter #21  
Thanks to everyone for the compliments, comments.

I am truly blessed to have a great shop in my backyard filled with useable tools and toys.

Kevin, not sure about the airstream?? If referring to the buggy?? That's Mary Jane. Built from a Comanche Jeep pickup.

clee4020, Yes, I reinforced the back of the bucket with a 1/4x4 flat plate. I'll try to find you a pic. I like the slip hook in the middle and use it a lot.

As for pics of the brushguard, checkout this thread I posted when I first bought the tractor. It's got some closeup detail pics of the brushguard. I use the tractor in the brush a lot. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-buying-pricing/260846-new-m9540hd12-1-a.html

Because of such heavy brush use I also built a skid plate to protect the hydraulics. Here's a link to pics of that. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/266010-m9540-belly-skid-plate-brush.html

Thanks again for the comments.

I like your mods. I modified my 9540 brush guard also. I'll try to find pics of it and post. I would love to see how you reinforced your bucket.

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter #22  
Nice job, Richard! I like your idea for carrying the extra ball hitch. :thumbsup:

I like that idea too.. now that gives me an another idea ..

BTW- good job.

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter #23  
Nice job, Richard! I like your idea for carrying the extra ball hitch. :thumbsup:

I like that idea too.. now that gives me an another idea ..

BTW- good job.

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter #24  
I am not finished with it, mostly because of 11 month twin girls in the house now and my job. When I am outside playing I normally have farm stuff to tend to so the tractor doesn't get sit in the shop much, but here is my brush guard mod. It has chain box and receiver hitch. Grill Guard Painted2.jpgGrill Guard Painted3.jpg

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter
I am not finished with it, mostly because of 11 month twin girls in the house now and my job. When I am outside playing I normally have farm stuff to tend to so the tractor doesn't get sit in the shop much, but here is my brush guard mod. It has chain box and receiver hitch.View attachment 298994View attachment 298995

I like. Good idea about the receiver hitch. As a kid I pushed many a two wheeled and four wheeled wagon around with the front hitch of an 8N Ford. I recently added a Weight Rack to my front guard. Figured out real quick when I purchased a mounted JD1008 10' brush cutter that I needed front weights!!!!

DSC06086.jpg

DSC06082.jpg

DSC06140_zps6806144c.jpg

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter
As for a chain box, I built this one. Gotta love a good chain box!!!! It holds a 16'x1/2", 16'x3/8" and a 10'x3/8".

DSC05846.jpg

DSC05847.jpg

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter #27  
I like the weight rack too. Do you have any pics of how you reinforced your bucket. I'm getting ready to add 2 grab hooks and 1 slip hook and I was looking for ideas.

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter
I like the weight rack too. Do you have any pics of how you reinforced your bucket. I'm getting ready to add 2 grab hooks and 1 slip hook and I was looking for ideas.

Sorry, I hadn't forgot you. My bucket is at the farm and I haven't been there for a week or so. I added a 1/4x4x6 flat piece at each end and a 1/4x4x20(guessing) in the middle. I left a gap between the two factory pieces and what I added to let debris out. What I added is similar to the factory two pieces in this photo taken before I added hooks.

DSC05803.jpg

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter #29  
I assume your 1/4" flat bar is where I drew the black rectangles? I considered add some 1.5" by 1/4" square tubing under the bucket level indicators for added strength because I was planning on welding the grab hooks near the bucket level indicators instead of on the end like you did. What do you think?DSC05803.jpghooks.jpg

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter #30  
Looks nice and very functional. Good job.