Backhoe 3PT hitch backhoe

/ 3PT hitch backhoe #11  
If you mow with a MMM you may also want to find out if the subframe mounts on the Woods backhoe interfere with using the mower (many subframe mounts are not compatable with belly mowers)

/ 3PT hitch backhoe #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I suppose any fitup is possible, but it ain't gonna look factory and might not work. How much effort do you want to go through?

If you think you might need the BH, buy the BX22/23.

By the time you add remotes for the BH to the 2200/2230, mod the frame of the tractor, buy all the mounting stuff (that I doubt is available via parts), and all the other hassles, my guess is you have equal to the extra cost of the 22/23.

For starters, the rear of the tractor, the ROPS, the seat, and the hydraulics are different on the non-BH - BH tractors.

The majority of the 2200 owners I've read on here traded up to the 22/23 when they realize they need the BH....... Some might buy a 3rd party BH, but if you want to stay Kubota, I'd do it right from the start.

Just my two cents.
ron )</font>
----------------
I'd do it right from the start.
===============
I agree;
When I bought my tractor the cost of the Bx2230 and the BX23 equipped the same was 11700.
I got the Kubota BH on the BX23 for a cost of 3800 more.
Total price for all 15500.

The price for the Bx2330 was 11700 plus 4500 for the after market BH.
Total cost 16200.

/ 3PT hitch backhoe
Maybe the solution is to buyt he BX23 with a 54" MMM and the FEL and if I need a BH later buy it then. The debate is the value of the BX23 over the BX2230. Other than the hydraulic line out back, I dont see a huge difference. The extra weight is a negative for me not a positive. I have a sweet lawn and not field grass so I dont want the be messing it up.

/ 3PT hitch backhoe #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The extra weight is a negative for me not a positive. I have a sweet lawn and not field grass so I dont want the be messing it up.
)</font>

For best results, you would take the BH and FEL off for mowing. That is what I and others do.

/ 3PT hitch backhoe #15  
With the quick attach of the attachments, once you get the hang of it you will be able to take the FEl and BH off in a matter of minutes.

/ 3PT hitch backhoe #16  
1*Maybe the solution is to buyt he BX23 with a 54" MMM
2*and if I need a BH later buy it then.
3*The debate is the value of the BX23 over the BX2230.
4*Other than the hydraulic line out back, I dont see a huge difference.
5*weight is a negative for me not a positive.
6*I have a sweet lawn and not field grass so I dont want the be messing it up.
====================
1*I would go with the 60" mmm because it sticks out farther from the wheels than the 54" mower.
This allows you to mow closer along ditches and other things.
2*Only problem with that is you can't get the BH later for the BX23. I tried that.
3*The Value when equipped alike was the same for both when I was shopping.
4*Neither do I except you can get the Bx23 complete with BH for less now than you can add the BH to a BX 2230 later.
5* The BX 1500 is only 77 pounds lighter than the Bx2230.
6* To light could mean easier spinning - not good for the turf.

============
What ever you decide to go with - try it out in these areas you are concerned about at the homestead before you buy.

/ 3PT hitch backhoe
Why would you not be able to buy the hoe later if you have the BX23. That seems like a bad move from Kubota if thats the case. I'm pretty much stuck on the BX2230 at this point and after looking at the Woods FEL I might go that direction over a Kubota.

/ 3PT hitch backhoe #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Why would you not be able to buy the hoe later if you have the BX23. That seems like a bad move from Kubota if thats the case. I'm pretty much stuck on the BX2230 at this point and after looking at the Woods FEL I might go that direction over a Kubota.

)</font>

It's only sold with the BH and FEL.

/ 3PT hitch backhoe #19  
<font color="blue">For best results, you would take the BH and FEL off for mowing. That is what I and others do. </font>
~~~~~~~~
Haven't taken anything off mine- works to good the wasy it is.

/ 3PT hitch backhoe #20  
I take back my previous recomendation (to look at the Woods). I interpreted Scrounger's post to mean that he already had a BX2300 and now decided he wants a backhoe. I recommended checking out the price of the woods, thinking the alternative was trading in a fairly new (BX2300s haven't been out that long) existing machine on a BX23. I don't know which would be more expensive, (buying the woods or the hit to trade in on the new BX23) I just thought Scrounger should check it out.

Scrounger, If you don't have a tractor yet and are deciding what to buy, do it right the first time and buy the BX23. The BX23 is a better package than a BX2300 plus a woods BH. And, no, you can't add the Kubota backhoe later.