3pt hitch/counterweight/storage?

/ 3pt hitch/counterweight/storage? #11  
JohnS,

I can see how your plan would serve several needs, but I don’t think you will find it on the market. If I were building something like this, I would want the weight and hitch point to be as low as I could get it for stability on uneven ground. If you could live with a fixed weight and are not welder challenged, like myself, here is what comes to mind. Many people build a counter weight by using a container (garbage bucket) with a draw bar (the flat kind that attaches between the lift arms) inserted through it, then fill the container with concrete and set an attachment point for the upper link on top. Me be thinking of a square container with the draw bar through it, then threaded rod running vertical through the draw bar and attached to a lower bar for the trailer ball, as well as out the top of the concrete. If you are still with me, a hole would be left exposed on either end of the draw bar to allow two more vertical treaded rods reaching to the top of the concrete weight. I am thinking this would leave three points to attach a toolbox platform and the platform could have an upper link attachment point welded to it.

MarkV

/ 3pt hitch/counterweight/storage?
After a couple of read throughs, I think I've got the picture. Thanks. It certainly looks like there is no commercial solution out there. I will be using you description to draw-up some tenative plans. Need to get out and take some measurements and find/measure the PVC toolbox. This will make a good winter project. BTW, I haven't done any welding in years, and when I did, I was that good, anyway. My neighbor up the road, is though /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

JohnS