3-Point Hitch 3Pt Hitch will not raise

/ 3Pt Hitch will not raise #1  

jrgman

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT2201D
I was wondering if you had anyone who could help me trouble shoot a problem, I have a Mitsubishi MT2201D. The 3 Pt hitch will not raise. This is the scenario when it quit.

I was pulling a 48 Disc harrow, after about 2hrs it bounced a few times. I kept plowing. After I finished I tried to raise the plow and nothing happened. I ate lunch and did a few more things. About 1 hour later I checked the fluid level in the sub transmission and when I opened the cap fluid spewed out. I put the cap on and put the tractor on the trailer. When I got home I checked the fluid again and it was low, no spewing. I also checked the hydraulic filter and it was plugged and had a hole in it, so I cleaned it and ordered another one from Valley Power. The FEL and PTO work fine. I did notice while I was plowing the FEL control arm was hard to move and it stuck in the position you put it in. When I got home it was easy to move again. I am out of fluid and will top it off when I get some. When I get the 3PT working I plan on flushing and changing the fluid.

Does anyone in this group have any ideas what my problem is?

Please let me know if you do.

/ 3Pt Hitch will not raise #2  
first i would check the vent hole for a blockage.you know the hole at the back under the seat.then since you had a hole in the screen i would take off the cover under the seat and clean the valves that is under there.blow it out with air.chances are that this valve is stuck from dirt.open the big nut and clean the plunger and spring. do not move the adjustments.

/ 3Pt Hitch will not raise
Thanks, that sounds easy enough. My new screen is due tomorrow and the universal tractor fluid. Is there a good way to flush the entire system?

JRGMAN

/ 3Pt Hitch will not raise #4  
There is always the possibility that the seals in the lift cylinder are bad?

I'll check them when I get in there, but it was working great and would hold for days and not lower. It seems to have happened all at once. There was a lot of trash in the fluid filter, almost embarrassing. I read some where to use kerosene to flush the case, open the case and drains and pour it through. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Has anyone tried any Amsoil products in their tractor?

JRGMAN

Last edited:
   / 3Pt Hitch will not raise #6  
I have used kero as a gear tranny flush many times. Works great. I usually start up and let it slosh around a bit. I like to let it drain overnight and then refill. If your flushing hydraulics I would look at some of the Seafoam products. I use that in my hydro and then drain.

/ 3Pt Hitch will not raise #7  
since your valve is stuck in bypass it will not lift until you clean it out.flushing sounds like a good idea . i dont know if the rubber parts would like kero.when i unclogged my valve i reused the same fluid. i used a large funnel lined with 2 old teeshirt and poured the oil back in.my oil was pretty clear though.i went with the idea of filtering the same fluid in until it becomes acceptable.

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty handy and have modified and changed rear ends in Jeeps etc., but I'm sitting here looking at my manual and the tractor and I'm a little confused. I ordered a service manual but it has not arrived. Is there a site that may have some pictures to help someone with this.

/ 3Pt Hitch will not raise #9  
Satoh Parts
try this link.it may be similar.if it is different.call the phone number on the site.the guys there will help you out. it is a little heavy to lift the cover off with the arms manually.use silicone to reseal.

Great Link!