3pt hitch

/ 3pt hitch #11  
A heavy duty blade will cost me about $1750.oo and wont have the angle-ability of the medium duty one. I cant afford the higher price. But on the other hand I don't want to destroy the cheaper one in 1 year. The extra weight I'm adding is free (already paid for from another project), and will amount to about 700 lbs, which will bring the total weight up to about 1,000lbs. Should be more than enough to counter balance my loader and also grade my driveway.
You could find a HD used blade for $600-700.

/ 3pt hitch #12  
Sorry, your link give me 160 pages of Farm Fleet stuff....can you be more specific?

/ 3pt hitch #16  
Good grief...if it had been a snake............:eek: thanks bullitt

Way too much money for a top mounted light weight scraper blade. If your purpose is grading a gravel driveway, look at Grademaster, Landpride, etc:
I have the U-7 (660lbs)and it was $1100 delivered:
Products

If I angle it down too much(I have top and tilt) it will bury itself in the middle of the driveway and stop my 40 horse tractor...the thing is tough.

/ 3pt hitch #17  
I think this is it on their website.

6' Heavy Grader Blade - Graders & Scrapers - Box Blades & Scrapers - Product Lines

Their website says it weighs 289lbs. The blade looks somewhat like a woods RB72. Howse does have their moldboard braced. I had a Woods RB72 on my Bobcat CT235 and it was not enough blade for that tractor. I was crazy how much that blade would flex just grading. In some ways this blade looks a hair better but I think I would still want a heavier duty blade. If you don't need a blade real bad look for a used blade.

/ 3pt hitch
I think this is it on their website.

6' Heavy Grader Blade - Graders & Scrapers - Box Blades & Scrapers - Product Lines

Their website says it weighs 289lbs. The blade looks somewhat like a woods RB72. Howse does have their moldboard braced. I had a Woods RB72 on my Bobcat CT235 and it was not enough blade for that tractor. I was crazy how much that blade would flex just grading. In some ways this blade looks a hair better but I think I would still want a heavier duty blade. If you don't need a blade real bad look for a used blade.

That is their light duty one. The one I am looking at has a 14" moldboard by 1/4" and a reversible 6" by 1/4" cutting edge.

/ 3pt hitch #19  
That is their light duty one. The one I am looking at has a 14" moldboard by 1/4" and a reversible 6" by 1/4" cutting edge.

I didn't see anything on their site like that maybe it is not on there. I think they have some of their specs messed up. The 6' blade that is painted green that is just like the one in the link weighs 344lbs.

/ 3pt hitch #20  
I am thinking about a hunk of railway track (120 lbs/ft) 5' long and a piece of 1/2" plate steel on the opposite side for reinforcing. That should make it heavy enough for grading. Total weight should be about 7-800 lbs.

Rail isn't that heavy. Maybe it is about 120lbs/yard.

Rail profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some common North American rail sizes include:

75 lb/yd (37.2 kg/m) (ASCE)
85 lb/yd (42.2 kg/m) (ASCE)
90 lb/yd (44.6 kg/m) (ARA)
100 lb/yd (49.6 kg/m) (AREA)
105 lb/yd (52.1 kg/m) New York Central Railroad
115 lb/yd (57.0 kg/m) (AREA)
119 lb/yd (59.0 kg/m) Colorado Fuel and Iron
127 lb/yd (63.0 kg/m) New York Central Railroad
132 lb/yd (65.5 kg/m) (AREA)
133 lb/yd (66.0 kg/m) (AREA)
136 lb/yd (67.5 kg/m) Colorado Fuel and Iron
140 lb/yd (69.4 kg/m) (AREA)
141 lb/yd (69.9 kg/m) (produced by Nippon (Japan))
155 lb/yd (76.9 kg/m) (no longer in production) Pennsylvania Railroad

or more detail:
RAIL SPECIFICATIONS

Bruce