3PT Hydraulic Level Neutral Position

/ 3PT Hydraulic Level Neutral Position #1  

rmc

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2200
When I raise my 3PT Hitch on my BX2200, the hydraulics bring the implement up but the pumps continues to pump until I move the control back to the neutral position. According to the manual

" Hydraulic control level is automatically returned to the neutral position when the implement is raised at top position or down at lowest position"

Is it normal to have to move the level by hand back to nuetral or do I have a problem? Is sounds from the manual that the level should go back to neutral without my hand.

Any ideas.

/ 3PT Hydraulic Level Neutral Position #2  
rmc,

I have occasionally observed the same thing with my BX2200. I have just over 50 hours on it now. However, I also notice that the time it takes to return to the neutral position varies some with engine speed. I would say that mine returns to the neutral position about 80% of the time and it seems to return more consistently and quicker at lower engine speeds. It probably has something to do with the adjustment of the hydralic bypass but I'm not sure about that. Hope this helps.

TomPh

/ 3PT Hydraulic Level Neutral Position
TomPH

That helps mine never returns to neutral position.

Looks like a call to the Dealer.

Thanks

/ 3PT Hydraulic Level Neutral Position #4  
The lever returns to neutral only when the 3 PT reaches the full down position. If you are using a MMM, for example, and have the cut height set at anything other than 0.0, the lever will not center. If you look in the owners manual, there is an adjustment on the feedback arm that centers the lever. You can adjust it yourself if you feel qualified.

paul

/ 3PT Hydraulic Level Neutral Position #5  
I'm pretty sure it's "supposed" to return to center in both the down and up position. However, realistically after they get a few hours on them they tend to get out of adjustment. It's not the greatest set-up. The feed back link has a spring on either side and is adjustable. I have found that if you set it up to return to neutral in both positions it lasts a little while then starts to malfunction. You can set it up to get good positive return in up or down position but it seems to be a sensitive balancing act to get both. Now unless Kubota comes up with a better way, I prefer to set it up to get a positive return from the up position being that this is the position that will allow the pump to run over relief if it does'nt return. Returning to neutral from the lowered position just is'nt that important being that the deck is suspended by the stop and not the hitch hyd's. and is basically in a float position not building pressure.

/ 3PT Hydraulic Level Neutral Position #6  
Mine wouldn't return to neutral from the raising position. The problem turned out to be that the lever was rubbing on the black plastic surround on the fender. There was just enough friction to prevent the lever from returning, and adjusting the sring wouldn't overcome it. A little bending of the lever to place it in the center of the slot, and problem solved.

/ 3PT Hydraulic Level Neutral Position
Thanks for the inputs. Just to make sure I am adjusting the proper item. The Feedback Rod has two springs with two nuts. In order to get it to return to neutral from raising I would need more tension on the spring next to the two nuts and not next to the locker.

Will also look into making sure the level it not being efected by any plastic parts

Thanks again.

/ 3PT Hydraulic Level Neutral Position #8  
Techman is correct, if the MMM or other implement does not reach full down the lever will not return, if at the top position it does not return an adjustment is required to the rod with the spring on it. J

/ 3PT Hydraulic Level Neutral Position #9  
Spray your linkage with a good penetrating oil before you do any adjustments. These linkages need to be lubricated periodically and will freeze up if you don't. Most likely this is the case, as it appears that it worked correctly before. Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ 3PT Hydraulic Level Neutral Position #10  
WD40 is a friend.. Use it........ If you feel it is because of the plastic housing on the fender area, trim the burr's a bit with a utility knife. If you feel it just needs a little lube, up top, use a little vasoline. That stuff works on body parts and equipment....... So I am told.....

Of course, like mentioned, just a little bend to center it in the plastic housing may do the trick if that is out of whack.

Mine returns, going up or down, just fine...... However, it has paused and then returned. You can hear it squeel a bit some time then return...........

Tom

Tom