3pt log splitter question

/ 3pt log splitter question #11  
I guess speed is in the eye of the beholder Jon. I have that exact splitter, and have no problem with it's cycle time. I can control the cycle time with the tractor throttle, up to the point where there's sufficient RPMs to achieve max pump output. On my KM454, I find that 1100 engine RPM cycles the TSC splitter fast enough to suit me. That's not a whole lot above idle. And I haven't yet encountered a single piece of wood tough enough to bog down the engine at that speed

//greg//

X2
Except I run it at a dead idle.

/ 3pt log splitter question
X2
Except I run it at a dead idle.

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking I might get the splitter as is from TSC and then add the recirc. valve if cycle time is too much of an issue. That is still cheaper than most the standalone splitter prices I've seen. Plus I don't really want the extra engine to maintain.

Curbstone

/ 3pt log splitter question #13  
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking I might get the splitter as is from TSC and then add the recirc. valve if cycle time is too much of an issue. That is still cheaper than most the standalone splitter prices I've seen. Plus I don't really want the extra engine to maintain.

Curbstone

What is the GPM and psi on your tractor?

/ 3pt log splitter question
What is the GPM and psi on your tractor?

The hydraulics are listed as 6.3 GPM. And ~1800 psi is what I found listed online for pressure.

/ 3pt log splitter question #15  
The hydraulics are listed as 6.3 GPM. And ~1800 psi is what I found listed online for pressure.

If your splitter has a 4 in cylinder and 2 in shaft, Those figures will produce a 10 ton splitter.

/ 3pt log splitter question #16  
I have a Northern 3 pt splitter from way back when they were called Northern Hydraulics and all they sold was splitter parts and manuals to build your own splitter. When I sit my 3 pt all the way down on the ground I can roll any size log up the 6 inch incline with no problem. I would say easier that standing up a heavy log. I've had the splitter over 20 years and it still works fine.

Andy