3PT Lower Connection Spread / Quick Hitch

/ 3PT Lower Connection Spread / Quick Hitch #11  
Boggen's idea of a bent u-bolt stirred up this idea.

Maybe a v-bolt instead of a v-plate? For more contact area if needed to prevent slippage, a short piece of angle could be welded inside the V.

v-bolts

tiller-8.jpg
[/QUOTE]

/ 3PT Lower Connection Spread / Quick Hitch
So Gearmore actually had a left and a right receiver just like pictured
and they were only 20 bux each so I ordered them. I can just leave
the OE brackets on and set the two new ones on center where I want.
ALSO, I can use one OE and move a new one to offset the tiller.

The brackets that are needed to hold the new ones on as I drew in CAD,
well I asked a friend and he said No Problem! They own a Piranha Iron
worker so I am dialed!

/ 3PT Lower Connection Spread / Quick Hitch #13  
Good result. The factory parts will look "factory" and so will the clamping brackets.

I wonder if the tiller was made for an early BX or other SCUT that had less arm spread.

Post photos when done.

Bruce

/ 3PT Lower Connection Spread / Quick Hitch #14  
i say U bolt. and a some extra nuts and a washer that fits the U bolt.

View attachment 275713

tightening up the nuts. and it will cause the 2 washers to bend right around the square tubing on tiller.

or skip the extra washer and 4 nuts, and just go for a generic U bolt, with a washer, and 2 nuts. ((suggest adding 2 more nuts. so the nuts do not spin off / back out on you, threads shear off))

if the washers or U bolt bends as you tighten the nuts, keep on tightening till you think you got them tighten enough they will not bounce loose. (may need to get off tractor a couple times to check) and tighten up. on the first time tiller is used with Q/A after that should be trouble free.

==============
edit ok re-looking back at your pictures, the edit picture of mine most likely would not work, but just a generic U bolt by itself with a washer and a nut on each leg. and just keep tightening the U bolt and let the U bolt bend how ever it wants to bend.

have done it a few times on some pipe gates that look kinda like a P. and on a few other things. it holds, that is all i care about. bending of bolts well just will have to live with it.

You could even "customize" the U-bolt [and/or the straight flat stock piece that comes with it] a little bit to make it fit the square tubing on the tiller more snug-ly, by putting the curved section over a similarly shaped /angled piece of metal- [an anvil, bench vise, or some such] heating it up and banging an angle into it.

I've been disassembling an old disc [it had been left on on our property when we moved there] in order to use the pieces as additional weight in our ballast box, and the u-bolts on the disc unit were similarly "customized" to fit the bar.

Oh Never mind- I just saw your last post- updated since I started this...