Snow 3pt Rear Mount Snowblower recommendations for BX24

/ 3pt Rear Mount Snowblower recommendations for BX24 #1  

lilmatt

I've been using my BX24's bucket to plow our 325' driveway the past few years. We just got it paved, so I want to get a snowblower. I want to keep the bucket on so I can move any big piles that build up, so I'm looking at rear mount.

Does anyone have recommendations for use with a BX24? (and/or recommendations of what NOT to use?)

Thanks
-Matt

/ 3pt Rear Mount Snowblower recommendations for BX24 #2  
This topic has come up before, so you an probably do a search for some more answers.

2 winters ago I bought a 52" Hardy Lynx for the back of my BX2350. It works well, is a good match, and is from a local dealer. When I did my research, I found that the prices of new blowers were pretty much the same (prices are 2 years old):
Bradco (from Northern Tools), 50" wide, $1700 + $500 shipping
Kubota, 51", $2500
Farmking Y500, 50", $1900 + shipping
Buhler YC510, 51", $1950
Meteor SB51, 51", $2100
Hardy Lynx, 52", $2029 (painted to match)

Some people suggest using a larger 60" blower for the back. I have found that if you go much wider than the tractor they can become ungainly.

Good luck.

/ 3pt Rear Mount Snowblower recommendations for BX24 #3  
The front mounted snowblower from Kubota is about $600 more than the 3pt mounted snowblower.

Dress up in all of the winter gear you'll wear when you blow snow and sit in your tractor. Then back down your driveway and see how uncomfortable it is to be looking back all the time. Be sure to try to turn you head with a cold weather hood on and picture the snow blowing back in your face. Suddenly you'll find that $600 is not too much more to spend.

/ 3pt Rear Mount Snowblower recommendations for BX24 #4  
IMG_20121230_153912_919-2.JPG
Forgot to attach a picture of my setup (taken last winter, my wife is driving). I also wanted use of the front loader at the same time as the blower. It's true, it's not a lot of fun when the wind is blowing in your face. But if you need to move snow away from a vehicle or building and don't want to chance throwing a rock at it, the bucket works well. If you have heavy wet snow that the blower won't handle, the bucket will again save the day. If you get a pile of salty/slushy snow at the end of your driveway, the bucket will again be helpful. The machine is also much more balanced. To each his own...

/ 3pt Rear Mount Snowblower recommendations for BX24 #5  
I have a 60" Farm King rear blower on my BX2350. It's bigger than what is recommended but the BX can still power through the snow very well with it.

For a rear blower, I really wouldn't want anything smaller. With the curves in my 1,200' driveway, anything narrower and the front tires would be driving in unblown snow much of the time.

Regarding driving backwards, I've found that it is easiest to sit sideways on the seat and run the HST pedal with my left foot.

Here's a thread on 60" rear blowers on BX tractors. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/160468-60-snowblower-bx24.html

/ 3pt Rear Mount Snowblower recommendations for BX24 #6  
I recommend a cab if affordable, keeps you from becoming frosty the snow man.