3pt wood chipper on Gc1710

/ 3pt wood chipper on Gc1710
Very impressive... but yeah, I'd like to see it working on a 20-hp sub-compact. Any way you could let us know how it works on your 1710?

It's winter now can't supply vids I am afraid. :laughing:

My thoughts:

- I live in Canada, so everything seems expensive compared to the US dollar, even when it is made in Canada.
- the quality of this thing is impressive. VERY heavy overall with very heavy chiping wheel and and extremely robust bearings and bushings. It's all powder coated paint.
- With the adjustable hydro feed speed, I can adjust from an inch at a time to full intake. Very usefull for the big stuff ( 4-5" ) as it chips then gives the tractor a chance to gain full RPM again. Under the 4-5 inch it has no issues with how fast I have the feed.
- I did stall the tractor when I first started chipping a large tree, till I found the sweet spot speed wise on the feeder. Then no issues.
- Not tractor dependent, but it depends on what you are chipping as well. I mostly chip deadfall which is dry, any green wood chips way better as it acts like a lube.
- I am chipping Aspen/Poplar trees with the odd birch tree.
- I chipped about 15 hours this last summer and the blades are still sharp ( reversable as well for double the life )
- Delivery was excellent. Right to my door with a lift, dropped to the ground, then the driver helped me push it in to my garage with his dolly.
- Chipper came in a very stout metal frame crate. Setup took me a few hours total, including hyd oil ( not included, need a 5 gal pail ) and cutting the PTO shaft to fit my tractor. Instructions were very good including how to properly cut your shaft to proper length.
- There was some talk about my tractor being able to lift it from another thread.... zero issues lifting it ( loader on for a counter weight of course )

A larger HP tractor for sure would perform better, but again, for the HP of my GC1710 I am impressed.

Couldn't be happier overall. I research stuff a ton before I buy, and the woodland rep answered every question I had as well as tips for chipping with a lower HP tractor. I did look at used, but for the price of used, and not knowing how the units were abused, I decided on the new path. :)

/ 3pt wood chipper on Gc1710 #22  
I'm in the process of selling a boat....and if bonus time is good.....I think one of these is on order...because why not!

/ 3pt wood chipper on Gc1710 #23  
Glad to hear its working out for you!