3r series

/ 3r series #1  

GeorgeC

Silver Member
3046r redesign in the near future?
I’m ready to update my 3720, and I’ve been holding off for three years waiting for a re-do
I’m looking to do it this year on a 3046, unless there is something coming that I don’t know about.
thoughts?
thanks.

/ 3r series #2  
I wouldn’t be able to provide any information on possibly redesigns, but I just test drove a brand new 3046r. I’m currently a 2021 3032e owner. It’s been a good tractor but some of the work I’m doing I’m needing a bit more and something with more “versatility.” I should have went with an R when I first purchased the E. Just being on the R you feel and notice so much more to offer. Plus I’m wanting to get a backhoe attachment in the near future. The heavier drive train more power availability it’s all just makes more sense for what I’m doing. If you haven’t checked out a new 3r in person it’s a pretty slick machine. After having some hours on my E and then jumping in the R it was like a whole new experience. The nicer taller seat with suspension under it was its weight in gold for me haha. Anyhow my 3032e is being traded in for a new 3039R next week. You only live once right.

/ 3r series #3  
Why not buy the 3046r you tested?

I kinda wish I had opted for the 3046 instead of the 3039 i have now.

/ 3r series #4  
I picked up my 3039R at the end of May. I'm at about 38 vehicle hours and almost 51 on the engine. It did its first regen last night. Awesome tractor for its size. I traded a Kubota L3301 for it and prior to that had a New Holland TC24D. I miss the New Holland, don't miss the Kubota in the least. Even though it is a bigger tractor, it is amazing how much tigher it will turn vs. the Kubota.

/ 3r series #5  
3046r redesign in the near future?
I’m ready to update my 3720, and I’ve been holding off for three years waiting for a re-do
I’m looking to do it this year on a 3046, unless there is something coming that I don’t know about.
thoughts?
thanks.
I have a 2017 3039R with 0 issues at 480 hours. Dealership has done routine maintenance while it’s under warranty. Pricey? A bit, but my experience has always been that the dealer will really step in and have your back should you have issues. It’s really quiet and comfortable to operate. Bush hogging, sickle bar mowing, raking and Tedding hay, picking things up and putting them down…

/ 3r series #6  
I guess my thinking is always the opposite, I'd want to get the proven and well-tested old model, before they do any redesign. No way would I want to be a Guinea pig on any newly-designed model.

I love my 3033R, but will admit it could use more horsepower when doing over-road travel in high range, or if I were doing more ground-engaging stuff. Don't get me wrong, it works perfectly for my requirements, which is 80% loader work, 10% snow plowing, and 10% fertilizer and seed broadcasting. But I can understand why those with other usage profiles would want more horsepower.

/ 3r series #7  
I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't come out with a new line of compacts instead of redesigning the R series. Really, the R series is just an updated 3000Twenty platform. They debuted back in 2005 replacing the 4000Ten series. They need to do something. Kioti is making serious inroads with the CK2610 cabbed model. A nice outfitted tractor at a good price point. There's a couple of them out here by my place.

/ 3r series #8  
How many hours on the 3720? Is it cabbed or open station. I would love to find a mint 3720 pre emission tractor.

/ 3r series #9  
Yeah I was scratching why one would make essentially a lateral move to an emission tractor? Unless something's wrong with the 3720 or it has very high hours.