3rd function grip handle

/ 3rd function grip handle #1  

SI2305

Gold Member
Hello all,

I am planning on adding a grapple from (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure) to my JD2305. I know that this is a complex process what with getting the power beyond up and running. I basically have two questions:

Is there a cheaper route than either Deere or everything attachments (both in the 750-800 dollar range) to run power beyond (don't have it yet) to the loader.

Secondly, I am kinda choosy about the grapple control. I really like the style of grip found on most deere 3000 and 4000 series. I know that I have a vastly smaller tractor, but does anyone know if the actual "pistol" grip with remote thumb option is available and if it could simply be stuck on top of my existing loader joystick rod? I don't mind wires running down the side of the stick--I can easily control that, but the position of the hand on the control seems ideal on the JD series.

I did go to the dealer, unfortunately I did not speak with someone sufficiently knowledgeable to answer this simple question

Thanks in advance!

SI2305

JD2305, 200CX, Box Blade, Grader Blade, middle buster, homemade rake, LX4, 6" LandPride RFM

/ 3rd function grip handle #2  
Bet you went to my selling dealer....
I have an older 4300 which I bought new and part of the package was supposed to be the Power Beyond option as I wanted to add a woodsplitter in future. What I wound up with was the 3rd valve. It then (two years after purchase) cost me $7-$800 to add the power beyond when I bought a used back hoe. Up until then I had been connecting the woodsplitter to the third valve and tying the handle back to make it work, s l o w l y....
From what I understand, what you want is not the power beyond, but the 3rd valve....

/ 3rd function grip handle
Pat32rf,

You are correct, What I really want is the 3rd function, but I have been told that I need the power beyond to get this. Are you telling me that there is a significantly cheaper route to doing this? Please tell me what this option is.

SI2305

/ 3rd function grip handle #4  
Do you have a rear remote? Just run the lines up to the grapple from that, you wont have the fancy pistol grip with thumb control on your joystick, youll use the remote lever, but you will have about $700 in your pocket:thumbsup:

/ 3rd function grip handle
mroldstyle'

I do have a rear control for the 3pt hitch, and I know that I could use that. However, if I am correct here, it means 2 aspects I don't like:

1 I would lose the 3pt hitch functionality till I plumbed it back (more easily solved with a diverter valve)

2 I would really like to maintain control of all the grapple controls in 1 hand

/ 3rd function grip handle #6  
I didn't mean the three point control, I have two extra sets of hydraulic ports (4 lines) off the back of my tractor along with the 3 point. Thats where I ran my grapple from. True you do not have control of the grapple from the joystick, but it dont cost $800 either just a couple extra feet of hose. Didn't seem to be that hard to get used too, especially considering it would have cost me alot more for the control than it did to build the grapple. Good Luck :)

/ 3rd function grip handle #7  
On my 4300 i have the joystick which controls two valves, plus I have the 3rd added valve control on the right fender. The actual valves are all side by side down under the seat somewhere...at the bottom of the joystick. The lever in the fender is connected to a cable that controls the 3rd valve. This valve controld two qd ports at the rear of the tractor. These could also be plumbed into lines on the FEL for a grapple or snowplow angle control.

/ 3rd function grip handle #8  
I don't know if you can get an electrically controlled valve for your tractor. You can buy the 4000 series grip with the switch for about $76 from parts. Numbers 18,19, 20 21 &22 in the drawing.

Attachments

• 4x20grip.gif
    4x20grip.gif
    105.6 KB · Views: 408
   / 3rd function grip handle #9  
You can get a kit from TSC and orschelins that includes a solinoid control valve and switch for the loader joystick for around 400 bucks. You can also purchase itms separately from any hydraulic supply or large farm coop. That is if you already have power beyond. Which my 4200 John Deere has. This is what I plan to do if I ever get around to getting me a root grapple! If it were me I had rathe have it on the the joystick instead of monkeying around with a another lever so I don't have to take my hand off the joystick! I have operating both kinds. LUTT