3rd Party Cab for Tractor

/ 3rd Party Cab for Tractor #1  

Wesdor

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3720
I have a 3520 without a cab and am giving some consideration to adding a cab.

So far a Curtis Cab seems to be the most likely option, although I would be open to any quality offerings. It looks to me like the cost will be north of $4,000 to purchase from dealer and have them install.

Some questions for those of you who have added a cab:

Winter operation - does the cab stay warm enough? does it frost over when plowing snow?

Summer operation - does the cab become a hotbox? Is there a way to add climate control at a reasonable cost?

The hard cab is about $1,000 more than the soft cab, is the difference in price worth it?

Any other observations you might have are also welcomed.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

/ 3rd Party Cab for Tractor #2  
Years back I installed several aftermarket cabs. They're noisy. If it were me I'd trade my open station tractor for a tractor with a factory cab with AC rather than install a cab on an open traactor

/ 3rd Party Cab for Tractor #3  
Years back I installed several aftermarket cabs. They're noisy. If it were me I'd trade my open station tractor for a tractor with a factory cab with AC rather than install a cab on an open traactor
I second this,you will never be happy with an aftermarket cab............no mater how good it will never be as quiet/cool/warm as the factory unit.

/ 3rd Party Cab for Tractor
I second this,you will never be happy with an aftermarket cab............no mater how good it will never be as quiet/cool/warm as the factory unit.

Thanks guys - I was afraid that might be the case. Will rethink this plan.

I just don't want to get into a tier 4 engine.

/ 3rd Party Cab for Tractor #5  
I third the above opinions. Look around, there are plenty of low houred used 3x20 cab tractors around. searching multi-state area will find you more. I had to go 350+ miles each way to get mine, but it was well worth it.

/ 3rd Party Cab for Tractor #6  

Yes, factory cabs are probably the cat's pajamas, but I still like having my aftermarket convertible: Open station in the summer and cab in the winter. But I'm kinda weird anyway. :confused2:

Joe

/ 3rd Party Cab for Tractor #7  
I added a Laurin cab to my 110tlb because Deere didn't offer a factory cab for it and never did. It is noisy but the hvac works well including the defroster, price was high but since it is long been paid for I am glad I did it.

Since Deere offers the cabs for the 3x20 series I agree with others, might be a better deal to trade up to a 3720 cab tractor.