4 in 1 bucket tip

/ 4 in 1 bucket tip #101  
Hi George,

I really hope you will take a look at a 4700(4500?/,4600?) so you can SEE (what I think is)the very different set-up.

It is NOT a matter of how far the stick is moved. There is a SEPARATE LEVER that can be set to "lock-out" any regen circuit, ... any movement of the joystick while the lever is "locked" CANNOT be regen.

I have posted (somewhere on TBN) more detailed quotes from the manual about this. If I find it I will steer you to it. If you look under 4in1, my name should be fairly easy to spot (black ink).

This is all "factory-stock",... there was no need to "block-out" anything.
I'm guessing your tractor may be different, so that's why I'm stressing that it would be best not to "assume" anything based on what I've said about my experience with the 4700. /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

Larry

/ 4 in 1 bucket tip #102  
Hi Larry, I will check out the loader lock out system on a 4600 on Monday.
On the 970 there is a detent between the non-regen dump (the first half right movement) and the regen portion of the bucket roll dump (last half right move). The detent, while not a real positive clicking one, you know it's there if you are looking for it. In addition, there is a stop plate on the valve body that can easily be removed, this will take out the re-gen circuit entirely should one desire to do this. Bottom line, with 4n1 I need to stop at the detent while powering the clam. Second choice is to remove stop plate and not worry about stoping at the detent. Down side of the latter idea is not having the re-gen when just trying to dump the bucket. I think I will try the former first ( stop at detent) and if I cannot learn to stop stick at the detent then I will just pull the stop plate and forget about re-gen all together.
By way the 970 does have a lockout latch at loader stick. But all it does is lock out fore and aft, side to side, or all movement of the control stick. The on and off choice for re-gen does not seem to be a choice here. It sure is nice that JD added this feature and got rid of the plate idea on the 4000 series.

thanks again,
george

/ 4 in 1 bucket tip #103  
Hi Larry,
I forgot to ask you how wide your 4n1 bucket was on my last post. Mine is 64" and it replaces a 73" JD bucket with tooth bar. I ordered two extra teeth on the 4n1 bucket tooth bar. This gives me 6.75" clearance between the teeth for piling brush. My old bar has 9" between teeth, letting some small stuff slip through. Hope this one works better here.
Had a chance to look at the loader stick lock out system today on the 970. As I said earlier, it only allows for total lock in or out of the bucket roll circuit in both directions at the same time. However, with some machine work I may be able to modify it to give the same results as the 4000 series on the regen to no regen on dump option.

regards, george