Tiller 4 or 5 ft tiller?

/ 4 or 5 ft tiller? #11  
I think the 2210 is approx. the same width as the BX series and a 4' tiller takes out both rear tire tracks, unless you have wheel spacers attached. Have you tried a 4' and know for sure it won't cover your tracks?

/ 4 or 5 ft tiller? #12  
A lot of companies make a 50" or 52" tiller. I just purchased a Land Pride RTA 1050. My 2350 Kubota BX has 17 hp at the pto...about what you have. Also the RTA 1050 can be off set with minimal adjustment.

Could you pull a 60"... maybe but the 50" ought to do it for you. My back tires are a bit less than 46" apart and I've never seen tire track. I also have plenty of power that I might not have with a 5' tiller. The 50" also give me a lot more manuverability, much more than a 5 footer.

As to reverse till vs forward till...that fight will probably go on forever.

Good luck on your purchase!!!

Paul

/ 4 or 5 ft tiller? #13  
I don't like the fact that i will have even the tiniest strip of tire tracks being left behind as i till
d
What makes you think a 48'' won't cover your tracks?????

I think the 2210 is approx. the same width as the BX series and a 4' tiller takes out both rear tire tracks attached.
Have you tried a 4' and know for sure it won't cover your traks?
I can't figure out why he mistakenly thinks 48'' won't cover his tracks.

/ 4 or 5 ft tiller? #14  
A 4 ft tiller is about right for a 2210. You might be able to handle a 5 ft but in some soils it will be too much tiller for the HP. A 5 ft will also be a bit heavy for it. I have a 4 ft and it's just right with the offset a bit to one side.

/ 4 or 5 ft tiller? #15  
Hey Guys, love this forum immensely --it has helped me so much.

ok...I am about to throw down some $$$ on a tiller. Now I have heard (and you know how that goes) that my JD2210 should have a 4' tiller. but I don't like the fact that i will have even the tiniest strip of tire tracks being left behind as i till especially since, among other things, i am going to seed some grass after I till. now I have also heard (o boy) that the newer tillers are not hard on the pto since they rotate forward....so can I go 5' or is there possibly something in between...???

thanks...and look forward to a reply....

d

Back in 2003 I bought a 5' KK tiller and ran it on my 2210. It could lift it fine, you just need at least the loader frame on to keep the front tires down enough to steer. Now on the power side, you have to go real slow, and sometimes cant go all the way deep or you will bog the engine down to killing it. If you take your time and pay attention all the time, a 2210 will run a 5' KK tiller.