4 poster bead(king size)

/ 4 poster bead(king size) #1  

Army grunt

Platinum Member
Tractor
TC 30 Newholland
Just sharing my latest project.I build this for a fellow in Atlanta.
Its all solid cedar. Post's are full 4"x 4"From my propriety , an sawed on my saw mill,All work ofcorse done in my shop by me:)
Army Grunt

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 834
   / 4 poster bead(king size) #2  
that's one heavy bed, looks great!! I'm curious, are those tie down rings on the corners?

/ 4 poster bead(king size) #3  
I also built myself a bed ( double ) and I still have it. I sleep in it every night. It is very much like your bed except the posts are shorter and therefore they do not form a frame at the top.
My bed has 3 hardwood rails that cross the width of the bed and this is what supports the box frame. My center cross rail is dovetailed so that the side rails can not push out.

There is a book of a couple in the US that built everything on their farm. The couple was Helen and Scott Nearing. I never did read the book except I glanced at it. It was stated that as Scott was drawing his last breaths he lay under the roof of the house he built and in the bed he had made.

It gives you alot of satisfaction when you take rough lumber and produce a piece of furniture.

Craig Clayton

/ 4 poster bead(king size)
RoyBrooks
The bolts are all I had on hand They will be counter sunk an covered with a Brass Bed Bolt Cover. I haven't ordered them yet.
Army Grunt

/ 4 poster bead(king size) #5  
that's one heavy bed, looks great!! I'm curious, are those tie down rings on the corners?

I had the same question. I thought they were for pulleys, and swings, and were misplaced from the top to the bottom.....:laughing::laughing::laughing: Really, really nice craftsmenship.~Scotty

/ 4 poster bead(king size) #7  
Army grunt, that is fine.

/ 4 poster bead(king size) #8  
Don't let him fool you. Those are tie down rings to hold it in place while in use.

and the common question on this forum that goes along with it - ratchet straps or chains and binders?

/ 4 poster bead(king size) #9  
Ratchet straps on each corner. Just like tying down on a trailer.

/ 4 poster bead(king size) #10  
Wel done, the bed can stand wear and tear.:thumbsup: