$400 MILLION in restitution? HOW?

/ $400 MILLION in restitution? HOW?
About the doofus getting a job working on the sub to begin with....I worked for both state and federal governments during a 35 year career, and while both are very anxious to TAKE your tax dollars, the usual procedure when they have to SPEND your tax dollars is to go with the lowest bid. Simple, huh??? Something that really baffles me about the $450 million dollars worth of damage is why it was so extensive, I would have thought a submarine would have extensive fireproofing and some type of suppression systems to limit combustion because that would be especially deadly should it have been submerged when a blaze started.

/ $400 MILLION in restitution? HOW? #22  
The sub fire was pretty intense with lots of toxic fumes given off. Several fire crews went in for short periods of time and had to trade off with fresh crews due to the heat, etc. I don't know what subs have for operational fire suppression, but when the sub is being refurbed, upgraded and refueled (that's what they do at that base) it could be the normal systems weren't operational.

In the short time I worked there, I was impressed by the dedication of the IT department; they really wanted to produce a good product and support the sub work. The project I worked on was to create a total project management system that was customized for what they do in the shipyard. I think the project was conceived before off-the-shelf project management modules were ready for prime time.