400x/cx with skid steer quick attach

/ 400x/cx with skid steer quick attach #1  

JB Farm

Does anyone have a 400x or 400cx loader with the skid steer attachment on it? I am close to ordering my new tractor but can not figure out if I want the SSQA or not. I was going to get it with the heavy duty bucket and then modify the bucket with a QA plate welded on. After doing some measuring I don't think that will be my best option since the QA plate is taller than the flat back on the HD bucket (could work but look bad).

So I am wondering what others have for a bucket that got the SSQA option. Anyone have pictures of their setup that they could post? I thought about getting a Kubota bucket factory made with the QA, and could also get a Deere foundry bucket. The Kubota would be the right shape and size. The foundry bucket I know nothing about, would it hold too much for the loader and look strange. Any pictures of one?

Thanks

/ 400x/cx with skid steer quick attach #2  
I use the standard JD quick connect loader mounts for all my loaders (200cx, 300cx, 400x, 400cx, 460). Never had the skid steer attach. Only benefit I can see is more universal attachments.

/ 400x/cx with skid steer quick attach #3  
I haven't used the 400CX but I have used JD skid steer quick attach on a CT322 and it is very nice. It will allow you to use any skid steer attachment your tractor can handle. It is also really easy to lock and unlock your attachments. Yet the JD QA system is also very easy.

/ 400x/cx with skid steer quick attach #4  
I'd take a look at this one. Seems there are a lot more possibilities than just skid steer quick attachments!

/ 400x/cx with skid steer quick attach #5  
I got my 300cx with the SSQA, Wouldnt be without it.
I'd also suggest NOT modifying the standard bucket for a couple reasons. Its been a while, but if you go to the JD Configurator, they give you a credit if you get the loader LESS bucket (for me I got 500.00) take that 500.00 or whatever it is these days, and apply that towards a Real Skid Steer bucket.

Another reason I say to do that is the back angle of the JD bucket vs SSQA Buckets, all SSQA attachments & buckets use the same back angle, so no matter what brand or attachment I have on my loader, the level indicator is always spot on, AND it provides for adequate rollback.

Long story short, without a doubt i'd go SSQA, I love mine.

/ 400x/cx with skid steer quick attach #6  
On the 400X loader I had, the standard JD quick connect mounting. It worked very well - swapping out between the bucket and pallet forks. All changing done on concrete - can't speak for changing on uneven surface or SSQA. Just depends on what you plan on using mounted to the loader.

/ 400x/cx with skid steer quick attach #7  
I have a 300cx loader with SSQA with a frontier SSQA bucket on it. I love the SSQA it makes life easy. It is also nice if you want to make your own implements to just buy a blank mount and build on that.

/ 400x/cx with skid steer quick attach #8  
I have a 300cx loader with SSQA with a frontier SSQA bucket on it. I love the SSQA it makes life easy. It is also nice if you want to make your own implements to just buy a blank mount and build on that.

I ordered the SSQA for my 400x. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but here is a couple of photos.

Attachments

• resized (3).jpg
    resized (3).jpg
    574.5 KB · Views: 1,580
  • resized (2).jpg
    resized (2).jpg
    571 KB · Views: 765
   / 400x/cx with skid steer quick attach #9  
So I am wondering what others have for a bucket that got the SSQA option. Anyone have pictures of their setup that they could post? I thought about getting a Kubota bucket factory made with the QA, and could also get a Deere foundry bucket. The Kubota would be the right shape and size. The foundry bucket I know nothing about, would it hold too much for the loader and look strange. Any pictures of one?

Thanks

Oh, I ordered the Workpro 72" bucket. I'll try to get a photo next time I'm at the dealer.

/ 400x/cx with skid steer quick attach
Thanks for all replies. Could you tell me about the Workpro 72" bucket. Is it a Deere? If not who makes it, is there a web sight that shows it? I was going to order the tractor this week minus a bucket and am now leaning toward a 72" bucket made by Bobcat for their CUT's. It looks well built, has a nice upper lip that would be very hard to bend and a nice wide top for welding hooks on. At only $750 it is priced better than Deere's HD bucket. It looks similar to this one....

"72" X-Treme Duty General Purpose Compact Tractor Loader Bucket"

Sorry, I don't know how to link, but a search as stated will yield the bucket to look at. The main difference is the Bobcat has a heavy round pipe for the upper lip.

Thanks for the pictures of the loader, those mounts sure look tough.