4025 4WD sliding or constant mesh transmission?

/ 4025 4WD sliding or constant mesh transmission? #41  
I don't have electrics in the garage yet but I do plan to put in a sub-panel sometime in the future. The garage is about 100' from the house....uh-oh.. guess I'll need that backhoe attachment now. :D

My guess is an after market block heater might help some with cold starts but if not maybe a space heater ? ....jeez...now i have to think about putting up a ceiling :laughing:

I was at a local auction two weeks ago. A nice 3pt backhoe attachment went for $1300. I thought of bidding on it. I also need to run electric out to my barn.
BTW two sickle mowers sold. A NH brand for $1250 and a JD which looked very heavy duty, like it was off a good size tractor, sold for around $650 +or-. Both looked in VG condition.
This winter do some tractor shopping, on a cold day, and see how well they start after sitting outside. My Bobcat w/ a Kubota motor starts right up in the cold. My NH TC40D needed glow plugs in the summer. A good tractor in Florida isn't always good for Maine.

/ 4025 4WD sliding or constant mesh transmission? #42  
The 4025 is indeed a compact utility, but I don't know if it's the best of both worlds. Compacts, CUTS, and Utilities all have their strong and weak points. Unless you need to work in confined areas, like I do, Utility size gives you more bang for the buck than a CUT in the same HP range. I think of CUTS more like mid size PU trucks. They are easier to park, but won't do what a full size will do.

Good Answer!!!

/ 4025 4WD sliding or constant mesh transmission? #43  
I don't have electrics in the garage yet but I do plan to put in a sub-panel sometime in the future. The garage is about 100' from the house....uh-oh.. guess I'll need that backhoe attachment now. :D

My guess is an after market block heater might help some with cold starts but if not maybe a space heater ? ....jeez...now i have to think about putting up a ceiling :laughing:

I thought bout the backhoe attachment, but for the price you can get a used mini excavator that is actually used for doing just that. THe whole 3point backhoe breakin the tranny/rearend thing freaks me out.

/ 4025 4WD sliding or constant mesh transmission? #44  
As far a cold starts is concerned, for the most part if you keep it inside out of the wind it should start if you have a good battery.

/ 4025 4WD sliding or constant mesh transmission? #46  
Under 5 deg. left outside, I would recommend a block heater.

/ 4025 4WD sliding or constant mesh transmission? #47  
Do Mahindra Tractors have glow plugs, or any type of cold start aid, besides a block heater?

/ 4025 4WD sliding or constant mesh transmission? #48  
Some models have glow plugs, and others have intake heaters.