Price Check 4025 OR 4010

/ 4025 OR 4010 #1  

hesterken

Tractor
IH 424
Kubota dealer gave me a price of 18K for an L3800F with FEL but I'm not so sure it heavy enough plus don't think FEL is strong enough for what I want if for - Horses and round bales. Just starting to look at Mahindras and thinking the 4025 or 4010 will do everything I want to do with ease. Grew up farming 200 acers with two Farmall M's so I know how the oldies work but these new ones have tons of bells and whisles I've never used... i.e. 4wd - do I really need that if weight is correct??? does 4wd run all the time or is it selectable on/off and use it only when needed i.e. wet/soft barn lot mucking out run-ins etc...

I've not been having much luck getting any idea of what a good price would be for either of these tractors with a FEL included. Hoping under 20K :thumbsup:
any replies would be appreciated.

/ 4025 OR 4010 #2  
Good timing, thanks, I am in the same position. For some reason the dealer is leading me away from the 4025. Not sure why. I am off to get quotes today for 4010 and 4025, and will post what I get. Would appreciate any info & experiences from anyone using a 4025. Thanks!

/ 4025 OR 4010 #3  
4010 quote local dealer $29,114 with FEL and backhoe. Seems high compared to the deals offered on the Mahindra website? Would appreciate anyone helping compare. Thanks~

/ 4025 OR 4010 #4  
the 4010 is a tym rebadge to mahindra that may be why is so expensive

/ 4025 OR 4010 #5  
Thanks, how much is a backhoe for the 4010? I did not get a breakdown of the quote.

/ 4025 OR 4010 #6  
I've had my 4025 for a little over a year. It has about 65 hrs. on it at this time.
I wanted an old fashioned tractor (not hydro, etc.) similar in operation to my old 8N. I use it mostly for grading roads and brush removal. It is plenty powerful for my needs. Knowing my central Texas land as well as I do I did not opt for the 4 wheel drive models and have not really regretted having not gotten it. The only problem I've had is recently it developed a small hydraulic leak which I have been unable to isolate myself. I was unimpressed with the dealer when he wouldn't look at the pics I wanted to send him to determine if it was something I could do myself as it is a 100 mile plus trip for me to take it in. He said (without seeing them) that he couldn't diagnose it from pictures. Perhaps, but he could have at least looked at them. As for cost, I paid 14k including
FEL and filled tires, nothing else. I hope this helps. I would certainly recommend this to a friend.

/ 4025 OR 4010 #7  
Thanks for responding, sounds like you got a good deal, and great to hear overall positive recommendation for the 4025.

I got a second quote of 4010, $27,420. Is this normal for 2 dealers to be so far apart ($29,114 first quote posted above). This is for 4010 gear with FEL and backhoe. Feels like my local dealer (higher) is low volume and not very reasonable.

/ 4025 OR 4010 #8  
I think that difference is about what I got on my pricing. My next up price was 15,700, a little over ten per cent which is about what your seeing.

/ 4025 OR 4010 #9  
I got my 4025 in May of 2010, $14,600 was drive out with skid steer front end loader. It was a 35 mile delivery to the house, I think most dealers will cover that on a new purchase. I like the 4025 because of it's simplicity, weight, lifting capacity front and back and it's proven design. It is almost identical to the old 400 series Internationals. It still has the distributer port on the right side of the engine block just above the oil filter from the old IH. design for the gasoline option of the tractor. Obviously it is capped off. Like I said just a proven, old, no frills design. Good luck with your purchase.