4035 Ground Clearance

/ 4035 Ground Clearance #1  

lantxinNETX

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4035 HST, Bradco 485 Backhoe
Does anyone happen to know what the ground clearance is for a 4035HST? Mine is 100 miles away or I would just go an measure it. I don't see this number on any of the Mahindra info on line. What I am really wanting to do is to place a 5 gallon bucket under the tractor for changing the oil and hydraulic fluid.

Thanks!

Martin

/ 4035 Ground Clearance #2  
I think it will fit if you jack it up and put it on jack stands. Otherwise, I'd guess it won't fit. I don't know why Mahindra doesn't include ground clearance in their specs. They did at one time. Hopefully an owner will answer your question. I don't think very many tractors in this category allow enough clearance to get a 5 gal. bucket under them.

/ 4035 Ground Clearance #4  
You can cut plastic pail down ' fairly easily ' ... to lower their height. I have a 5035, which has larger tires, and the full size buckets fit under it. Another trick, is to take some scrap two by whatevers with you and drive up on a layer of them to raise your vehicle height.. as high as you need it. Be warned though, you are going to need three pails, a little over 10 gallons of fluid in there. Lay a big piece of scrap cardboard down under the drain and line up your buckets before you attempt to open the drain. Open it up and get ready to slide an empty pail under it fast, rinse and repeat... That's the easy part, the hard part is getting it filled back up with fluid using that little gauge hole in the rear.... Takes a while.... :)

PS: If you look around after you get the fluid out, you will see that there are three or four of them magnet drain plugs on various spots on the sump and transmission. You should take them all out and clean off the magnets on the first hyd oil change... They all are the same 1/2" NPT square drive plugs....

/ 4035 Ground Clearance #5  
You will want a pan/pans to change the fluid with. Makes life a lot easier with the 35 series

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

John Deere Hay Rake (A33041)
John Deere Hay...
New High-Quality Clear Waterproof PVC Tarpaulin (A33548)
New High-Quality...
Unused 32in Hydraulic Tilt Bucket, (A33079)
Unused 32in...
Dorsey 45' Van Work Trailer, Sliding Axle, Budd Wheels, Roll-Up Door  NO TI (A33349)
Dorsey 45' Van...
6 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
6 Yard steel end...
Knife (A33041)
Knife (A33041)