4035 Pic

/ 4035 Pic #22  
I use my 15hp, 4x4 Bolens/Iseki tractor to pull entire tree lengths out, but with the top cut off. I usually cut the tree into about 25 foot sections, and then tow that out. The trees are around 24in+ at the base and are all hardwoods. So far, the only thing that has held me back, is the ocassional tree stump, or rock in the way.

This year, I am making a homemade log skid using two tractor draw bars. I am attaching a steel skidding tong to my 3 point draw bar, and then at the other end of the log, I am going to use another draw bar that I have lying around, and I am putting tires on the part that would attach to the lift arms. This end, I will put under the log at the oposite end away from the tractor, and attach it with a ratcheting tie down strap. This should allow me me to skid larger logs out of the woods, without dragging the log in the dirt, and dulling my chain when I cut it. Hopefully it works.

Tractor_Drawbar_Black__37989_zoom.jpg

draw1.jpg

Last edited:
   / 4035 Pic #23  
I use my 15hp, 4x4 Bolens/Iseki tractor to pull entire tree lengths out, but with the top cut off. I usually cut the tree into about 25 foot sections, and then tow that out. The trees are around 24in+ at the base and are all hardwoods. So far, the only thing that has held me back, is the ocassional tree stump, or rock in the way.

This year, I am making a homemade log skid using two tractor draw bars. I am attaching a steel skidding tong to my 3 point draw bar, and then at the other end of the log, I am going to use another draw bar that I have lying around, and I am putting tires on the part that would attach to the lift arms. This end, I will put under the log at the oposite end away from the tractor, and attach it with a ratcheting tie down strap. This should allow me me to skid larger logs out of the woods, without dragging the log in the dirt, and dulling my chain when I cut it. Hopefully it works.

Tractor_Drawbar_Black__37989_zoom.jpg

draw1.jpg

This will take a great deal of friction off the pull Mitch. You'll have to build your "dolly" to withstand at least 500# of weight. The other situation you'll confront is the battering the dolly will take as it gets pulled along. This of course depends on the density and ground obstructions you have.

/ 4035 Pic #24  
I love my 4035.

I doubt your 4035 would have little trouble dragging out the tree pictured. This one took me 3 turns. One for the stem and two for the crown. I need a tractor that will do this in one shot but able to go maneuver in dense woods.

Attachments

• IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 248
  • PICT0050.JPG
    PICT0050.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    1,019.4 KB · Views: 259
   / 4035 Pic #25  
This will take a great deal of friction off the pull Mitch. You'll have to build your "dolly" to withstand at least 500# of weight. The other situation you'll confront is the battering the dolly will take as it gets pulled along. This of course depends on the density and ground obstructions you have.

The wheels say that they are rated for 300lbs each, so I am not sure how well they will work. The problems is in order to attach them to the draw bar, they have to have a 7/8" axel bore. That is actually very hard to find. I guess I can try it, the wheels are very inexpensive, s0 worst case senario, they break, and I loose out on like $21. Thanks for the input, I really had not thought about the battering it will take. The woods that I am going to be pulling out of have soft to hard packed ground, with minimal to no obstructions, just logging roads, and I will not be going that far. Usually about 1000 feet or so. Anyways, thanks again!

/ 4035 Pic #26  
I've been contemplating buying a tractor for the last 3 years. The wife says not until mine breaks or I die can I get a new tractor. The latter will be a replacement for the 72 virgins others will get. I stood next to a 4035 a week ago as Mahindra is the closest dealer to me. Compared to my JD 750, its a monster. I know how well the JD goes through our very dense N.E. woods so I am always concerned about increased load capacity as it relates to skidding trees and maneuverability with a larger machine. I'd love to be able to drag out a 60' tall 20" wide oak in one shot instead of the three trips it takes now ( two for the stem and once for the crown) especially that I am going further out on the acreage to harvest firewood. I used to own a JD 950 along with the 750 and thought it was a wee bit large for our woods. Perhaps at the time, it was just that I was used to the maneuverability of the 750. For some reason the 4025 looked smaller in the pictures but I know its not. It is not as prettied up so as to not mind too much when it starts to get woods dinged.
I really need as small a tractor as possible that can still drag out an entire oak and I do not know if the two factors equate.

Chriss 3055, congrats on a fine tractor! I recently bought its baby brother (2516)

Arrow, I also cut my own wood,once I get the bottom of the tree lifted up off the ground it drags pretty easy. But I only drag it to where I can process it in the woods and haul my split firewood in my trailer.

/ 4035 Pic #27  
Here's mine doing some work.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120511_173550.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120511_173550.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 134
   / 4035 Pic #29  
Yea I used it for fill on a beaver **** crossing. Been saving till I needed it.

/ 4035 Pic #30  
Here's mine doing some work.

On this day, I needed your tractor. This would not even fit in the bucket let alone pick it up out of the bucket.

Attachments

• DSC01589.JPG rock 2.jpg
    DSC01589.JPG rock 2.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC01588.JPG rock.jpg
    DSC01588.JPG rock.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 139