40K max

/ 40K max #31  
I actually could care less about the local dealer. I am the warranty
Not really. When it comes to a warranty issue, your selling or local dealer is the one who will initiate a warranty claim. Not you because you cannot. Last time I checked that is how it worked. Last Kubota backhoe I had to repair (new) because the Kubota employee on Georgia didn't bother to check the boss alignment prior to welding it up and they shipped it anyway and the unit was ready to deliver when the dealer's tech discovered the pivot pin wouldn't align with the weldment so I fixed it for them (and I didn't charge them anything for line boring bosses or machining a new oversized pin either) and the customer would never know what I did to fix the issue either. If my dealer would have warranted it, they would have had to wait for Kubota to send out the correct dipper stick and with parts availability what it is today, that would have made for a very unhappy customer and in as my dealer takes good care of me, I handled it and the customer was happy. End of story, I 'fix' Kubota's screw up's all the time, Case too. I have the tools and the knowledge so why not. Customer got his Kubota TLB and was elated and he would never know I 'fixed' Kubota's screw up.

If you have ANY warranty claim, it 100% has to be dealt with through an authorized dealer. How Kubota (or any selling dealer) works.

Just 'repaired a new muffler for a Case Magnum where the factory welded on a mounting bracket in the wrong spot. Had to remove the bracket, fab a new one and weld it in the correct spot and because the muffler was light gage and the bracket was not, it was a TIG weld job which isn't something that most tractor dealers aren't capable of and the tractor was already sold so I did that too. I do that stuff all the time actually. It's fun for me and it keeps me in tune too.

/ 40K max #32  
My dealer also sells Cub Cadet lawn products and I have a pair of Cub Cadet ZTR;s and one of them threw a magnet in the flywheel (that energizes the alternator) and I did a warranty claim on that and replaced it and turned in the defective unit through my dealer because he knows I can do that sort of repair but I bet he don't do that stuff with every customer because he cannot under his sales agreement with MTD (Cub Cadet). All warranty items must be returned or destroyed in thhe claim procedure so no, you aren't the warranty claimer, you dealer is.

Why I always maintain that never buy any tractor from a not local dealer if you can avoid it because if you have a warranty issue, your local dealer will have to get involved no matter what and because most all dealers are independent businessmen, they will almost always put you dead last on the food chain if you didn't buy from them in the first place.

I will say my Kubota dealer is the exception to that rule but he's the exception, not the norm. Last M, I bought from a long distance JD dealership away and he treats it just like I bought it from him.

/ 40K max #33  
I am a Kubota guy myself, looking for cab tractor with >2k lbs loader lift, and I think I will end up with TYM.

Best deals on cab tractors are TYM T494 or T574 (if you want a turbo). Lift capacity = 2,800lbs, price on these is under $35k in my area, new with 6 year warranty. Kubota, similar to these models will be well over $50k.

Plus, from what I read, Kukje is only mechanical diesel engine sold in Tractors in the US today = very easy to defeat emissions, if you care about that.

It's a shame that Kubota is pricing many out of the market. Great tractors but not going to pay 50% more for an equivalent brand.

/ 40K max #34  
Using your parameters, you cannot buy a new Kubota that accomplishes your goal.

Their lift capacity at that price point is woefully less than the competition.

Just have to "ballast" it and maybe increase the hydraulic pressure. But no, the Kubota is not woefully less than the competition.

Last edited:
   / 40K max #36  
My Kubota L3700SU is rated @ 1,200lbs, by raising pressure to 2,650psi and adding 1,500lbs ballast box I have been lifting 1,600lbs.

/ 40K max #37  
While I have the financial means to afford Kubota, I found their pricing to be ridiculous vis a vis the low hours I will most probably put on the tractor.
After weeks of comparisons and multiple dealer visits, I went Kioti and so far I have been impressed. My compact full cab cost me 43K after all applicable rebates. Since this is the 60HP (NS 6010 HS Cab), I assume the lower HP versions should be around 40K.

PXL_20230920_020124641.jpg

/ 40K max #38  
I don't harbor any ill feelings about any brand. I buy Kubota because of my relationship with my local dealer, plus I work there part time and I do get employee discount on everything and the discount is invoice price they pay Kubota so it's all good for me. Same applies to labor in shop and farm calls. There is a local to me, Kioti and Branson (TYM) dealers close as well as JD and NH, but don't deal with them for obvious reasons. Besides, TYM (Branson) don't make large enough units for my needs (farming). Mostly compacts and non farm units.

They are all good far as I'm concerned.

/ 40K max #39  
Local dealer service can make or break someone's experience with any brand.

/ 40K max #40  
My Kubota L3700SU is rated @ 1,200lbs, by raising pressure to 2,650psi and adding 1,500lbs ballast box I have been lifting 1,600lbs.
The thing is, you can do the same thing with the competition. (Raise the pressure)

The closest TYM in size is the T394...lifts 2116 unmodified.