4110, 3510 oil filter warning!

/ 4110, 3510 oil filter warning! #11  
I think that the PH3985 has a relief valve inside the filter and the others do not............not sure on the K&N HP2007 though. Will do some research. I think the original will have that relief valve. Do you happen to know?

Donaldson Part # P552007 has the valve - P550173 does not. They interchange to the numbers you show. Will put the Donaldson name for quality up against any of the ones you have listed and can easily beat the $ 8.00 price if interested.

Ken Botsch
www.earthmoverssupply.com

/ 4110, 3510 oil filter warning! #12  
No, I'm wrong, it appears they all have the relief valves......just maybe different settings.

/ 4110, 3510 oil filter warning! #13  
Yes they all have the bypass valve.

The other filter that was of really good quality was the purolater PURE ONE Brand. This is their high end filter
and I purchased one of these for the next oil change.

It cost 5.28 at Advanced Auto. It has a coil spring relief valve
and sealing surface materials are made of silicone and
has more efficient filter media. I would consider it
a good competitor to the K&N filter for a few dollars less

Mahindra35

/ 4110, 3510 oil filter warning! #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Yes they all have the bypass valve.

The other filter that was of really good quality was the purolater PURE ONE Brand. This is their high end filter
and I purchased one of these for the next oil change.

It cost 5.28 at Advanced Auto. It has a coil spring relief valve
and sealing surface materials are made of silicone and
has more efficient filter media. I would consider it
a good competitor to the K&N filter for a few dollars less )</font>

Do you have a number for that filter for the 4110?

/ 4110, 3510 oil filter warning! #15  
The Purolater PURE ONE Oil Filter number is PL14619

I cut one of these open

Very good Quality

/ 4110, 3510 oil filter warning!
Do you know what the bypass valve setting is on the Purlator PL14619?

/ 4110, 3510 oil filter warning! #17  
I can only go by the specs of the wix oil filter 51626 which
the PL14619 replaces.

That setting is 11 psi.

Bypass psi ratings usually range from 7lbs up to about 16lbs on all filters for all gas/diesel applications

The bypass rating is almose a mute point because its sole
purpose is to bypass a filter that has become clogged and
no longer will flow a safe amount of oil volume. The only time
this would ever be an issue is if regular routine oil filter replacement isnt being done. Even then engines that have no mechanical failure symptoms would not plug up an oil filter for
several thousand miles or hundreds of hours.

Since we are all conscientious about Regular maintenance
this should never be a factor.

One thing to note that the only other time that the bypass
valve would come into play would be in extreme cold temperatures where oil flow would be slow through a filter
for a few minutes. This is one very important reason for allowing an engine to warm up for 10-15 minutes at the lowest
possible rpm at which the engine will run/start smoothly to allow normal flow of oil through the engine to be obtained to avoid cylinder bore and valve train wear.

Oil filters in extreme cold will sometimes bypass for up
to five minutes if the engine is allowed to run at too high an rpm until oil viscosity can begin to allow good flow through a high efficiency filter.

This is where a higher bypass psi rating would be most useful
and with the spec for this filter being about 11 psi that puts this filter right about in the middle between the lowest and highest ratings that filter makers normally are required to use.

Using 10w30 and allowing a warm up time of about 10 minutes,normal oil flow should never be a problem in cold weather.

I warm my 3510 engine up at 1100-1200 rpm in the winter
for about 10 minutes and then keep rpms relatively low untill full coolant operating temperature is reached to prevent cylinder bore wear.

/ 4110, 3510 oil filter warning! #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="green">" Here are the oil filters that are a direct replacement for the
Mahindra Oil Filter on the 3510/4110

They have a 8-11 psi bypass valve

Purolater L14619 , Fram PH3985 , Lee LF2801 , WIX 51626
AC PF9 , NAPA 1626 , K&N2007

These filters also have automotive applications so you
could reference one of the listed vehicles when using other brands.
</font> " )</font>

Mahindra35

Do any of the manufacturers of the above filters actually list Mahindra 3510/4110 as the intended use of these filters?

Buck

/ 4110, 3510 oil filter warning!
<font color="blue">( Do any of the manufacturers of the above filters actually list Mahindra 3510/4110 as the intended use of these filters? )</font>

Most filter manufacturers do not list many of the none "Big Name" tractor companys in their online catalogs.
Not enough demand I guess.
But I found though searching that Baldwin and Hastings filter companys DO list Mahindra Tractors!
The Baldwin oil filter <font color="red"> B173S </font> is listed for the Mahindra 2310, 2810, 3510 & 4110 tractors.
The Hastings <font color="red"> LF144 </font> is listed for the same tractors.
They both referance the Mahindra part # 14501673990.
Both the Baldwin & Hastings filters will cross to Napa 1381, Wix 51381 & Purolator L10193.
As I previously stated I used the Napa 1324 filter which when comparing specs with the 1381 is basicly the same filter, except its about 1.2 inches longer and the micro rating is a little smaller. The bypass settings (13-19 psi) are about the same.
The previously mentioned Napa 1626 filter has the same micro rating as the 1381 but has a lower bypass setting (8-11 psi)
The gasket diameters & thickness are all the same.
This filter cross referancing between all these manufacturers does get somewhat confusing.
When I find a filter cross I copy & print the spec. sheet so I can put them all in front of me and compare.

I hope this info helps.

/ 4110, 3510 oil filter warning! #20  
Willman
I have heard so much about Fram going downhill on the oil forum, and it looks like you have done your homework, plus the fact you own a 4110, as I do, what is "your" next oil filter for your tractor
Thanks,
Buck